“Two stays so far, going on third” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arrowhead Point Campground & Cabins

Arrowhead Point Campground & Cabins
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Two stays so far, going on third”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I was raised in Buena Vista and love to go back when I can. My first stay at this campground was in July of 2010. My sister, brother and our spouses and children went to BV as part of our trip and booked the two cottages. They were perfect for us and were cozy and clean. I'm not too much into roughing it while camping so I enjoyed having a bathroom and AC. Half of us were there for three nights (the other half for two) and we were supposed to get a tent site the first night. It was hot, my husband and I had just had a long day of rafting and that idea didn't appeal to me much. The owner offered one of the cottages to us at a discount for that night since we were going to check in the next day anyway, and we gladly took it. Our whole time there was very memorable. I forgot how the stars look in Colorado, and being away from the town lights, they are absolutely amazing. You can even see the galaxy swirl, for real.

Second visit, my sister and I went there last fall and stayed in a yurt. That was lot of fun as well. It did get absolutely freezing at night. We went out to eat, and to the State Highway Theater (which is a great bar, by the way) and we hadn't left the space heater on so the yurt was ice cold. It took a while for it to warm up but we put on layers and had blankets so we were okay. The yurt is a nice step up from camping. The main bathroom situation could be a bit better, but since we were there in late October, there weren't many people so we didn't have an issue. During busier times I could see planning showers to be a bit of a challenge.

I'm surprised to see negative reviews regarding management around the times we have stayed because they have been nothing but pleasant and accommodating during both visits. They have gone out of their way for us both times. Plus the setting is beautiful and the property is well-maintained as are the cottages and yurts. My sister and I are going again in July to stay in a yurt. This campground has been a highlight to our stays in BV the past couple of years and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Simla, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We had an amazing time here with our Girl Scouts... They have volleyball net...basketball... park... very nice and clean restrooms. The cabins were very clean and roomy... Enough space for all the girls to have their bed. The mattress where nice and clean with plastic covers. The owners were amazing...GREAT service!!! Great cappuccino bar (something nothing not expected). I will be back with my family! Thanks for the wonderful weekend!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

The campground is pretty nice, with very clean bathrooms. The tent site had beautiful views. Overall, a very pleasant stay, but camping out without using electricity for almost $40 a night seems a little pricey to me. I would stay in a tent again, just for the scenery.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Very good Service! clean sites and showers / restrooms. It does have great views of the surrounding mountains. its a must stay if your in the Buena Vista area !
Cathy and Joe are GREAT. we will be staying there again soon.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

It's obvious from other reviews that "Joe and Cathy" definitely weren't around when we checked in. The old phrase about "first impressions" held true for us at this Camping Resort. After staying the previous week at KOA's and having warm welcomes at every one, walking in here to register....well, just flat out didn't have it. Without going into detail, it's pretty simple to say I felt more like an inconvenience than a guest while registering. When it came to the campsite, it was normal and what a person would expect at a RV resort. This is not a place I plan on returning too.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Camp grounds cramped with very small fire pit...felt couldn't light as too close to other vehicles.Many long stayers...huge RV's. Felt 'ripped off' in many ways...went to play on small 'run down' mini golf...paid for two people then told that the office shuts in 20 minutes....why rent then tell....paid $2 for a small cu of mik as they didn't have milk availble in the store. Manager keen to offer services as no mobile reception. Went to purchase an activity but she used a middle company and the fee was $9 more expensive than if we had called the activity direct. Felt that this camp ground is just in it for the money. We had to pay extra on arrival than was quoted as there was an internet booking fee of $10. Never heard of that before. Travelling across US from San Fransisco to Miami....and this is by far the most expensive camp for what it offers....Don't bother!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rabadab
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed three nights in a large group tent site G2 which had beautiful views of the Collegiate Peaks. There was some road noise from Hwy 24 during the night. The owner kindly offered a cabin for our first night as it was raining when we arrived which we declined. We also got a small discount on a rafting trip at Wilderness Aware by mentioning the campsite and discounted tickets to Mt Princeton Hot Springs from the office. We had booked a 'Private' tent site. The group site had three tables, two charcoal grills and a firepit. The closest facilities for the group site were two port-a-potties which were OK and some private bathrooms attached to the main office which was a walk down the hill. Take quarters for the showers. The main washroom was further away next to a nice playground. Unfortunately a group of women arrived on the second night and made noise until midnight in the site next door to us. And then again on the third night until 1:20am. I suppose the lesson learned is that you need to complain to the noisemakers earlier rather than later if you want any sleep. Could have done with the old lady from Jason's review to come over and tell them to shut up.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Surf Chateau
Surf Chateau
#1 of 8 in Buena Vista
Buffalo Peaks Bed and Breakfast

Been to Arrowhead Point Campground & Cabins? Share your experiences!