“Fabulous big cats”

Serenity Springs Wildlife Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 1993, Serenity Springs Wildlife Center is home to over 120 big cats, including lions, tigers, cougars, leopards, genets, servals, caracals, coatimundi, bears and even Ligers! We are the largest federal and state licensed placement facility in Colorado.Over the years, with dedication and determination we've become Colorado's premiere big cat facility. We are proud to be the only facility in the state, including government funded zoological parks, to qualify for and be granted, a State of Colorado Zoological License.It is with joy that we provide care and love to the exotic cats in our care. See all of the opportunities you have to spend time with these majestic animals.
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We visited on a family fun day, so had a limited tour. We'll be back for the photography tour the next time we're in Colorado Springs, however, we enjoyed our visit so much. As Donna M said in her review, it is obvious that the staff and volunteers really love the animals in their care. Less than an hour from the centre of Colorado Springs, and just down the road from the Paint Mines, so very accessible. Extremely highly recommended.

1  Thank turkishjim
"feed"
in 2 reviews
"colorado"

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs and drove approximately one hour to visit this cat sanctuary. Drive was peaceful and easy and the center was not difficult to find. Don't arrive too early because the gates will not open until tour time, but you can see lots of cats in their enclosures from the parking area.

Inside was a sheer delight...lots of up close looks at gorgeous cats and even an opportunity to play with a tiger cub...a definite "bucket list" opportunity not to be missed.

1  Thank StorminNorman13
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I visited Serenity Springs this past weekend and I am so very glad we did. I was so impressed with the love shown these animals and the love they have for the people working there is obvious. I applaud the fact that it is all about these beautiful creatures health and well being rather than the gift shops and food like so many other places. I plan to visit every chance I get. I am grateful that these people have take in these beautiful cats and other creatures, shown them love and respect and in turn are teaching everyone that has an interest the beauty of a big cat. Thank you Serenity Springs for all you do.

1  Thank Donna M
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Truley the best big cat tour I have ever done. Lots of Tigers and was able to actually hold a kitten which was great. Will visit again in the near future.

1  Thank Co-Happy-Guy2
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We've lived in the Colorado Springs area for almost 30 years, and while we've 'sort of' heard of this place on a few occasions, we never visited it until today when out of town friends came. What a delight! The tour is about 1:20 long, and such a delight! It's not a zoo, it's a 'sanctuary' for exotic cats and a few other animals. We will absolutely come again!

1  Thank SMT56