“Thank god there is an econolodge in calhan”
Review of Calhan Inn

Calhan Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Calhan
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Nice location, quiet, secure.. they are willing to accommodate, and they do have a place for a trailer if need be.. water pressure a bit low, but cleanliness of the room made up for it.. even the smoking rooms, didn't smell like smoking rooms.. I would definately come back..

• Stayed: November 2010

Reviewed 17 July 2011

I'm delighted to have a motel available in Calhan at all, let alone one that is as clean and politely staffed as this one. The free breakfast is very basic, but now that no restaurants in town serve breakfast, I appreciate it being offered. Price is reasonable given it's the only lodging available in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mikeo203
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Colorado Springs hotels were full and the rates were very high for average economy hotels that weekend and we have found this nice hotel only 30 minutes away from the Colorado Springs on Highway 24 East. We arrived late to the hotel and the front-desk person was very nice and assisted us with a quick checkin. The rate was only $74 and much cheaper than the Colorado Springs economy brand hotels during that weekend. Room was spacious and everything was very clean. Boxspring and mattresses were brand new and very comfortable and my family had the best sleep at this hotel during the entire trip. The hotel surrounding was so quite and comfortable that we end up sleeping until late morning. At checkout we asked for the directions to some of the destinations we were going to visit and the front-desk has printed out all the directions to our point of interest. I will always stay at this hotel whenever travelling through this highway and will strongly recommened this hotel to all my friends and family travelling through Hwy 24. Great and memorable stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sampinvest
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We are a military family and had our car break down on the highway. Everyone we met was so kind and helpful until we got to this hotel and they took advantage of us not being able to drive away. They claimed they gave us the military rate when they gave us the regular "best rate". When I checked on-line for the military rate I was surprised to see that it was more than $15.00 below what we had been charged. After I went to the office and asked for the real military rate the manager went online and changed the rates of the hotel. This is the most expensive Econolodge I have stayed in and the amenities are sub-par! The toilet paper holder is broken, they only provide shampoo and not conditioner, the fridge is not keeping out food cold. They should and will lose their platinum status. Ironically, the waitress at the restaurant Duke's had offered us her cabin; we should have taken her up on it rather than stay here!

Room Tip: Book online.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sag_Mom
Reviewed 20 August 2009

The Econo Lodge in Calhan was my refuge from the storm during a recent trip back to Colorado. I had driven across Nebraska and was nearing the end of my trip when dime-sized hail started to pelt my car and I needed immediate shelter. Between Limon, CO and Colorado Springs there are not very many options so I ducked into this remote little motel and the service was so friendly and understanding. They offered a room and got me checked in quickly. The room was clean and nice and it was quiet even though the storm continued most of the night. The complimentary breakfast was light, but good and there were many options.
I know it sometimes seems a little scary to take a chance on a small remote motel, and I admit, I was a little desperate, but you have nothing to worry about should you ever find yourself in need of a motel room in Calhan, Colorado.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank KansasExplorer5115
Reviewed 6 September 2007

The Econo Lodge seems pretty prototypical of the whole town of Calhan--not sophisticated, but meets your basic needs. Check-in was very courteous, though a bit hectic because of being understaffed on a busy Labor Day weekend. The room--a double queen--was pretty standard, though we asked for and received a room that included a microwave and small refrigerator. It seemed clean and in good order, though there was unpainted spackling around the air conditioner (perhaps they'd just done the repairs and hadn't had time to touch up the paint?) Beds were OK and pillows a bit above the average for this sort of motel. Although right next to the highway, there were no issues of noise, either from traffic or our neighbors. Parking was abundant and convenient. Wireless internet was free and worked well.

The only major disappointment was the continental breakfast, which was a throwback to the old days--just coffee, OJ, bagels and pre-packaged donuts. Ho-hum, especially for the price (which is a bit high for what you get--no competition I guess). Also note thate there's no pool, and not much to do in town, so this is best suited for a quick overnight stay if you don't want to head further into Colorado Springs for some reason.

Personally, I usually prefer to stay in the Springs where there are plenty of motels where you can get more for your money. But this was closer to where we needed to be, and workable if your expectations aren't too high.

BTW, as far as I can tell, there are only two restaurants in town. We tried the Asian/Chinese one, and it was much like the Econo Lodge--acceptable, but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank RoadRash

Been to Calhan Inn? Share your experiences!