“Hidden Gem”
Review of Parkview Inn Motel

Parkview Inn Motel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Canon City
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We saw the review on tripadvisor and decided to try this motel out. We were not disappointed!!!

It is an older motel that has been renovated and done right. The rooms are updated, the beds were very comfortable and the staff was great. Continental breakfast was offered in a very spacious lounge area. The motel is located within walking distance of the historic downtown, the Royal Gorge train station and many other attractions. The price is very affordable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul M
There are newer reviews for Parkview Inn Motel

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

We were in town for some white water rafting and this place was very conveniently located. It was close to everything, including main street, and was updated for that town. We had stayed at motels that are old, but this place was very nice and reasonably priced. Breakfast is the average continental breakfast with coffee, tea and yogurt. Would definitely stay here again if we went back yo Canon city.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Wonderful, friendly, helpful owner (s)...they offered, without asking, towels to wipe down the bikes.
Rooms all tastefully renovated!
Matress VERY comfortable
Bathroom clean, hot water and great water pressure.
Incredibly close (walking distance) to restuarants and a beautiful walking trail next to the river!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amy k
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The owners of this property have obviously put a great deal of hard work into this place. In most older places I've stayed a 'rehab' means a half hearted attempt at slapping some paint on the walls. The room I stayed in at Parkview was immaculate. The recent interior paint job was very professionally done, the linens looked new and the beds were comfortable. Our rooms looked out over the park and we enjoyed some of the local entertainment that was going on there. The lady in the office was very nice and accommodating. We liked it so much that on our way back home a week later we stopped in to see if they had a room available, but they didn't. (I can see why they would stay booked up). She was kind enough to suggest another place in the same price range. I will definitely stay here again, only next time, I'll make reservations!

Room Tip: If you enjoy live music, get a room facing the park in the summer time.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LostOnLandAgain
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I read a number of very enthusiastic reviews about the Parkview Inn Motel, mostly with regard to cleanliness, which means more to me than having a swimming pool! Anyway, I took a chance and booked my parents, and my family of three for two nights. All I can say is it's all true... Wonderful, kind, courteous, helpful managment and very clean rooms with decent beds. My parents even had a small kitchenette which we really didn't use, but it was nice to have a refrigerator. This is a great place if you just need a place to sleep and don't mind that the outside isn't very fancy looking and lacks typical hotel amenitiies. The price was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to return again sometime soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Woodmaiden
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed for 5 days in May 2013 in the HUGE 3 queens bed room. We heard about this place from tripadvisor and I was sooo nervous it would be a dud but we were really very satisfied with it. The room had a recently renovated bathroom, a new a/c unit and the day we checked out, they were going to install new carpet. All of the rooms were being renovated! We had a nice size fridge, a small microwave, and a coffee pot. They always kept plenty of towels there for us which is always an issue! The rooms were VERY CLEAN. They DO provide soap and shampoo (another review said they didn't). I brought my own but it was there if we needed it. Never heard the train go by but we were really only there to sleep. They have a laundry room if you need to wash clothes and an ice machine. There is a nice park accros the street that the little ones can run and play in. Its really a nice place!! I would absolutely recommend it!! And for the price... all I can say is don't bother looking anywhere else!! The owners were very very nice and easy to work with. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Desire091180
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Our stay at the Parkview was very nice. Excellent value. Small town, family hotel. Room was small, but that was ok. We only stayed one night. No breakfast. Room was very clean and comfort bed. I see why it ranks #1. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple