“Good food, slow service”

JB's Royal Gorge Taphouse & Grill
Ranked #10 of 81 Restaurants in Canon City
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Nestled in the heart of Historic Downtown Canon City, Royal Gorge Brew Pub is the classic Southern Colorado brewery. Located less than a mile from world class rafting, kayaking, and fly-fishing the RG Brew Pub is the perfect end to a day full of adventure and excitement. A great place to eat in Canon City Colorado!
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We ate here while traveling through. I had the fish and chips. The fish was really pretty good. The fries were the generic frozen fries, and they weren't particularly well-seasoned or well prepared, which was disappointing, considering the fish was good. It is that type of cutting corners that knocks the meal down a notch or two. The other two with me liked their meals, so the food generally received good reviews.

Service is slow. Very slow. There were only two servers in the establishment, and one looked fairly new and wasn't particularly fast. It isn't a bad stop, but if you stop, be prepared to kill some time.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stopped in for lunch and were greeted by the manager-Dave. He made us feel welcomed and recommended some of the beers made right on premises. The beer was a summer wheat and it was delicious. The sandwiches were good. The atmosphere was welcoming and friendly. The thing that impressed me was that you could tell that Dave cared about his job. He was attentive to everyone in the place. The only disappointment for me was that I wanted to buy a beer glass with the Royal Gorge label and Dave didn't have any. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Beer is good. Steaks were not cooked properly. I asked for a rare steak, even stated that I like it to moo, but it came out pinkish brown in the center. Very disappointing. But, if you have enough of the beer, maybe you won't care if the food isn't prepared how you like.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We ate at this restaurant two times on our recent trip to Telluride. It is close to Highway 50 so it is very convenient. Both time it was delicious. The service was good too.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The bar atmosphere was totally authentic and a delight to be a part of , food was good and service excellent.