“Good Mexican Food”

El Alazan Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 78 Restaurants in Canon City
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Listed with the Canon City Chamber of Commerce
Walsenburg, Colorado
“Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have tried several "Mexican" restaurants since I have traveled in New Mexico and Colorado. There are some which come close to my taste which is for highly seasoned food on a hot plate. This restaurant is probably the best that I have found. The food is tasty, including the salsa and chips, which come with the meal.

My wife and I had the special which was a chimichanga plate with rice and beans. I had the shredded beef and she had the chicken. We were both happy with our selection. The beef was well seasoned and tender.

The waiter was prompt and attentive. We will definitely go back. The location is easy to find right on Hwy 50.

• Visited August 2014

Colorado
“Very Good Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

The service was good and the food varied in quality. We were with a large group for a three day weekend. Some liked it, some not so much. Let's just say it's not the best Mexican food available in Canon City. We had breakfast and dinner here twice. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited August 2014
Denver, Colorado, USA
“Best Mexican in Canon City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Food was AMAZING, delicious, great prices and just plain yummy. The staff are great and I will definitely go back when in Canon City. Craving for their pork burritos will be endless best I've had in a LONG time.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank PTLady814
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful "mexican" food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Me and mi girlfriend were visiting canon and decided to eat mexican food. We both being from mexico, the food was terrible. Its not mexican at all more like texmex.

1 Thank Martin S
colorado
“OUTSTANDING : )”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I'm very picky when it comes to Mexican food , I have eatin at a couple of places here in canon city but its never good enough for my return. Then voila , el alazan is brought to my attention and we were NOT disappointed . They are now the ONLY Mexican restaurant we will eat at : )

• Visited July 2014