“Unique ethnic experience, great food”
Review of Constantino's

Constantino's
Ranked #51 of 80 Restaurants in Canon City
Cuisines: Greek
“Unique ethnic experience, great food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Gus is a wonderful proprietor. He'll probably tell you what you want to eat, since they have no menu, but the Gyros, salads, fries, steaks are all great. He sometimes has other goodies available, but you have to go to find out. He also does take out. Definitely a place to check out if your in Canon City.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Peter R

Canon City, Colorado
“Time to give it up!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We drove by to give it a look and kept on going. The reviews, however, said to disregard the outside, and the inside too, and give it a try so we did. We should have kept on going. I have had a better gyro in....Greece, of course, but also Chicago, Hawaii and Texas! We were not bothered by the electrical cords snaking across the room or the caved in ceiling from the water leak. No, none of the that bothered us but mediocre food does get our goat! I have found halfway decent gyros in the frozen food sections at Aldi and Kroger. I would rather have eaten one of those frozen meals (that has 5-6 pitas and the meat to go with it). They are worth the $5.95 but not the $11+ (tax and tip) for each meal at this place.

Visited April 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“The Little Dive That Could!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stopped at this place with an associate at 1:30 PM. The sign said open, one car in the parking lot, and the place looked a little decrepit. When we tried to gain entrance the door was locked so we walked back to the car only to hear an old fella yelling at us that he would fix us lunch as long as it was a gyro. That old fella was Gus; owner, bartender, cook and waiter. What a great guy! First order of business was a shot of ouzo…on the house. As Gus prepared our lunch, I couldn’t help but notice how old the place looked, but rather cozy in a rustic sort of way. Then Gus brought the food out and oh my God! It was the best Greek food I’ve had in America. This would make a great episode on the television series “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.” The food and conversation was outstanding, I would recommend this place to anyone. This will be a mandatory stop for my wife and me every time we are in Canyon City…absolutely superb.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank Keith K
Canon City, Colorado
“dont judge a book by the cover!!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I went for lunch today....the owner Gus opened up shop for us! he was very nice, friendly, and accommodating. We were actually ready to leave the instant we walked in...looks like a lousy dive to be honest. We were also worried because our drinks (tea and a coke) were very watered down. I ordered the pasta with chicken in greek spices with a salad, and my husband had the gyro, fries, and salad. BEST FOOD I have had since living in canon, better then what I have eaten at chiles! Honest, I wouldn't believe it by the looks of this place but like I told the owner, I will be back, and soon! cant stress how good the food was, even the hubby was impressed! give it a try!

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank c b
Chicago, Illinois
“Tasty Gyros”
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Like some of the other people have mentioned, this looks sketchy from the outside. When you walk in, the inside doesn't look much better. I'm not sure what is usually on the menu but the only thing that was written on the board was Gyros served with French fries and salad. So I ordered it and it was delicious. The owner was super nice and kept my boyfriend and I entertained with stories from his life. Great guy all around and I really enjoyed the experience overall.

3 Thank Luvs2Travel321