“very tasty breakfast”

Cuisines: American, Bar
colorado
“very tasty breakfast”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

chicken fried steak - yummy decadence. hadn't had one in years - picked the perfect time. excellent w red potatoes and delicious gravy. waitress - sorry i did not get her name, tall girl!! - was very pleasant and timely. darn good portion for a reasonable price. stop by - you will be glad you did.

• Visited June 2014

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“May Service”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Went to canon coffee cafe, now known as MUGS (havent been here for many years) today…5/30/14…and must admit I was not very pleased. first, our server was slow and chatty. she was petite and nice but seemed waitress sloppy--if that makes sense-- but was telling other waitstaff emplyees what to do? Wife ordered the pancakes with bacon and I ordered the breakfast burrito with bacon. The burrito was good even though in a couple of bites I was find myself eating a mouthful of unmelted cheese and my wifes pancakes were very good. If we go back it will be for a to-go

• Visited May 2014
Canon City, Colorado
“Thought we had found good place for breakfast-not so!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had eaten here a couple of times before and it was OK or slightly above. Went in AM of Memorial Day for breakfast and it was not good. Floor hadn't been swept from day before, sweeteners at tables hadn't been replenished. Sun screen at table next to ours was broken and would not close. That table got so hot that one family just got up and left. Wife's meal was OK Her bacon was good.. I ordered sausage and egg breakfast with granny cake instead of toast Granny cook was good. Eggs and potatoes were just OK but sausage was terrible. Service was worse. Witnessed at least 3 tables of customers get up to leave as couldn't get served. Probably won't be back.

• Visited May 2014
Canon City, Colorado
“coffee???”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Coffee is all right if you get special drinks, but otherwise you get regular cafe coffee from a pot. The food is plentiful, and I would say average. You won't be disappointed but also not terribly excited. Some nights they have Kareoke, have not tried that but people tell me it is fun and good. The last waitress was too chatty, giving me a a rundown of what I was. I really don't need a psych review from the staff.

• Visited February 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Great value”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I try to make a point of stopping here when I pass through Canon City. The food is always well prepared and reasonably priced. The restaurant is not fancy but has a comfortable feel and the help is almost always welcoming. My favorite meals at the coffee cafe have been their omelets.

• Visited February 2014