“As Good As It Gets”

Ranked #7 of 81 Restaurants in Canon City
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Chicago Bob's specializes in Smoked Pork, Ribs, Brisket, Fish and Chicken as well as Sausages and Hot Sandwiches. We do Dine-in, Takeout and Catering.
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Found by accident. Everything has been top shelf including the variety of sides. When I moved to Canon City I was worried I wouldn't find good BBQ. Was more than pleased with this find.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The food here is good! This is obvious by how often they run out of food! We went back to evenings in a row to get some brisket. Missed out both nights. The ribs were good. Not cheap but not totally out of line. They sell some canned soda, no cups no ice. I suggest get it and go!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We heard about this place from some rock climbers at a nearby climbing area called Shelf Road. It's not much to look at from the outside but many times, that is where the great food hides.

We had a pulled pork sandwich and a two meat dinner. I'm not a fan of beef in general, but, "My god", the beef was incredible, melt in your mouth, and lots of flavor to boot. The sandwich was really good too.

The gentleman who took our order was awesome, checked up on us to see if the meal was satisfactory and kept the atmosphere light and friendly. We will be going back to Chicago Bobs; it was awesome and prices were reasonable for the large amount of food we got.

We left full (with food to spare) and content.

1  Thank DParris
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Don't let the sketchy neighborhood surroundings deter you. As we pulled into the place I said to my wife: "well, sometimes the best barbecue comes from the funkiest looking shacks" and that is definitely the case with Chicago Bob's! Just a tiny shack on a postage-stamp sized lot on a hopelessly confusing intersection, but WOW! Do these guys every sling some serious BBQ! We had the pulled pork sandwiches, and seriously, there's enough food in a single serving for two meals. And good, good, good BBQ! Fair prices, nice folks, and huge portions of amazing BBQ. Hard to beat in Canon City!

1  Thank Holokauahi
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Chicago Bob's BBQ is seriously amazing. We came to climb at shelf for 3 days and wished we would have tried this place the first night. We had it our last night and got two 3-meat meals to go before getting on the road. I wish this place was in Wyoming. The baked beans, macaroni salad, brisket and ribs are something I'd eat daily. I saw a negative comment on the slaw and I'm here to say it too is awesome. They smoke their own meat and they are incredibly friendly. Go here. Great food and amazing prices.

1  Thank WYJaime