“Clean and comfy”
Review of Holiday Motel

Holiday Motel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Canon City
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Very clean comfy rooms! This place does not look that great from the road but it has been updated and is very nice. The price is very affordable. The staff, Christine, was great being sure that we had a room that fit our needs. We had fridge, micro, wifi and on the first floor so our little 1 year old would not fall off the balcony or down the stairs.
The only downside is that it is right on a highway so if you are a light sleeper you might wake up early. No worries during the night as there is no traffic.

Room Tip: I liked room #1
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Matthew M
vkubacka, Manager at Holiday Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Hello, thank you for writing a nice review for our motel! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in room #1. That is one of my favorite rooms as well. We really appreciate your business and kind words!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The lady at the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. We booked a queen room but received a king room because she wanted our stay to be better than we anticipated. The rooms was very clean and nicely equipped..overall like being at home..the beds was super comfy and had plenty of towels and other toiletries ...really evjoyed and very reasonably priced she gave us the king room for queen price. Not to mention the view and patio settings each room has!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Amy W
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The owner of the Holiday motel in canon city appeared to be nice at first..My BF and my dog paid for a week stay but on the next morning woke up to no hot water and the sewer backed up for everyone on the property, I was in a hurry to get to Denver so I went over to the office and explained I would be in Denver at the VA hospital, so I left with out being able to shower or even use the bathroom.
I returned late due to numerous test at the VA at 7:30pm and the owner Monika came rushing up to me stating that she took my dog out three times, and went on a rampage, I was so upset and only wanted a shower and relax, to prevent from getting upset we went to dinner, and came back and she again started complaining in here very bad polish accent, I went to her office and she had the double gate on her office locked she yelled no refund no refund...I gave her the key we drove to a motel 6 in Colorado Springs and had a wonderful time....if ever in canon city do not let her charm and the 60's style rooms fool you...just go to a real hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank texcolor
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed for one night just before Christmas. The weather outside was frigid, but we stayed snugly warm. We loved the themed room idea as well as many extra touches, including big towels, slippers, plenty of blankets, and well-stocked coffee bar. Since I expressed a concern about possible traffic noise in one of the end rooms, we were upgraded to the Safari Room at no charge. The traffic probably wouldn't have been an issue anyway though because the rooms seem pretty sound-proof. We definitely recommend Holiday Motel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kay S
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife and I needed a place to stay in town during the Article storm so I could make it to work, as we live up in the mountains. We also have a dog, so it wasn't that easy finding a nice place last minute to stay that took pets, so I checked and read the reviews for this hotel and decided to give it a shot, the first night was a little disappointing as the hot water ran out fairly quickly and the wi-fi didn't work, however it was cheap and the place was clean and I opted for the cheapest rate. We talked with the manager and she was sooooo friendly and nice, she showed us her other rooms and we decided to stay one more night in a different room. This room was much nicer and the hot water was good! Still couldn't get wi-fi though. Storm? The manager even gave our dog a toy to play with and he loved it. So, all in all we are happy, we have stayed in more 'modern' chain hotels with all of the bells and whistles, but the friendly accommodating manager made our stay very nice and we will return as needed!

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank KevnDanata
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The rooms are beautiful and the owner is very helpful love the themes for every room. The staff is amazing and friendly. The view of the mountains is gorgeous. Its also in walking distance to several eateries.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank nascarman7805
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Holiday Motel for two nights in a row has shown us the sweetest, cleanest, comfortable stay in a safe and cozy environment close to grocery and other shopping. Convenient, affordable and hospitable, this place has so many redeming values.Great price, Friendly people.Great bbq right outside your door. You should really check it out!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple