Holiday Motel
Best Western Canon City(Canon City)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$118
Hampton.com
US$91
Econo Lodge(Canon City)
US$110
EconoLodge
Super 8 Canon City(Canon City)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$121
US$117
Parkview Inn Motel(Canon City)(Great Value!)
US$83
Hotels.com
Travel Inn Motel(Canon City)(Great Value!)
US$64
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe ownerlog furnituregrassy areaold daysroyal gorgemonicamonikasuitechainpettiles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The first time we walked through the door, i sat on the bed and the bed frame broke so my husband had to put it back together. The QUEEN size matress has a KING sized bed board by the head of the bed that is just laying up against the wall so every time you sit on it, it hits the wall. The knobs in the shower are very hard to turn also. Not all the rooms are like this. I took the liberty of peeking in the other rooms while the manager was cleaning in them. They are very nice. Its just this room, 13, that by the way does not have a room # on the door like ALL the other ones. And on top of it all, the manager does not allow you to visit with other guests after 10pm so in other words, there is a bed time. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Kailynlea
vkubacka, Manager at Holiday Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

hi Kailynlea, I wanted to give you a little history of our motel and why the number 13 was not listed on the door of the room. Years before our town was claimed Cañon City, the Ute, Sioux, Cheyenne, Kiowa, Blackfoot and Comanche Indians all frequented the area. Thus where some of our rooms obtained their names. Room number 13 never had a number, due to some of the tribes superstition, so we decided to keep a little history with our motel. As far as the bed being broken, we will look into this and fix this as soon as possible. I'm sorry you didn't like your room, did you bring this information up to monika so that she can make your stay more enjoyable? Unfortunately, I don not think 2 stars is efficient, if you have any other comments/concerns please do not hesitate to contact me directly at kubackaviolet@gmail.com, we always strive to do better, and keep our little vintage motel accommodating to our guests needs.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The rooms was clean...also clean towels and beds. Affordable price. Owner is nice and helpful person. The georgeous view of the montains and very close Barbecue Bar-if you want to eat. I recomend this motel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have private balkony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank anna h
vkubacka, Manager at Holiday Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hello, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write your nice review about our hotel. We will continue to try to keep our guests satisfied! We welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Although it is showing some age - we enjoyed our stay here. Monica was very nice and offered to leave our key (yes a real key!!) in our room because we were coming in late (almost midnight) and she was going to be in bed. LOL!! The room was clean and a nice size. Convenient location to the raft company we used and the Royal Gorge RR depot. Not the Ritz but we felt safe and slept well. And with what we saved on the room we got to take a rafting trip, eat at some nice restaurants, and see more on our sight seeing trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ellie B

HI, thank you for taking some time out of your day to write a great review for the Holiday Motel. Thank you for not staying at the ritz, however I do think we are close to it ; ) I am just joking, obviously, it is an older, or as we like to say "vintage" motel. So thanks again, for staying with us, and I am glad you slept well. We would love to have you back anytime!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This place is very old and crowded. The furniture was cramped together ver difficult to navigate. Rude front desk. Check the room before you pay, no refunds, forced to pay in advance. Never again. The photos they show you are misleading.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Neveragain234

Hello, I am sorry to hear you did not have a great experience with us, this is truly unfortunate. The photos, are not misleading in any way. I do wish we were able to accommodate you better, so that you had a larger room with more space.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

After being rained out of our campsite in nearby Cotopaxi, we were scrambling for a hotel room on Memorial Day weekend. We first went to the Hampton Inn, which was sold out. Their front desk gal was great and called 6 different hotels for us trying to find a room. I asked her to try the Holiday Motel as I had noticed on my drive, that their sign said "remodeled rooms, flat screen TV and log furnishings". She called and they had just one room left! The suite.

Even though the town of Canon City was sold-out, there was no price gouging at the Holiday Motel. She gave me a great rate and excellent service.

The Holiday Motel is a charming vintage hotel built in 1957 and I LOVED it! This very affordable motel offers hand-selected decor that makes you feel right at home as soon as you enter your room. A playground for the kiddos, beautiful small pond surrounded by trees for a calm sitting area and management that makes you feel like family.

Very clean, exceptionally comfortable beds, and even a nice (safe) electric fireplace in the suite. The suite offers 2 bedrooms,studio style living room, and a kitchenette created by a dorm fridge, microwave, and coffee maker.

Staying at the Holiday Motel feels like a B&B with their complimentary continental help-yourself breakfast in the office. Each room at the Holiday Motel is individually decorated and unique. Definitely not your standard chain hotel experience. Much better!!

Room Tip: The suite is spacious, comfortable and located away from the main street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Joan B
vkubacka, Manager at Holiday Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Hi Joan, I do not know where to even begin to show you my gratitude. I am actually the owners daughter, but since my mom is not very technology savvy, I do try to manage things on the internet part of the business. I have read your review over and over, and am truly touched, as my mom is as well. It warms the heart to know there are truly sincere genuine people who will go completely above and beyond to help a small business. I do not know how to thank you enough, and you are more than welcome back to our motel anytime.