“FUN IN THE SUN”

Royal Gorge Rafting
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Canon City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Royal Gorge Rafting, Zip Line Tours & the White Water Bar & Grill ~ One Location, 100% Fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We chose the package where we rafted in the morning and zip lined in the afternoon. I am so happy that's what we decided upon. A 1/2 trip is sufficient. Any longer and your behind will be aching. I've been on quite a few rafting trips and this one was was fabulous, even this late in the summer. Our guide was happy to oblige when we asked for an exhilarating experience. Grievy was very experienced and really made the rafting trip exceed our expectations. All the guides we came into contact with were professional and fun. Lunch was included and our waitress was so sweet. They don't let you drink alcohol at lunch if you're zip lining, and I have to tell you, I'm grateful. In between each zip line you hike and you need your wits about you while zipping. It was a riot zipping through the air and Amelia and Alex were quite entertaining. I highly recommend this company for any and all adventures. They take good care of you. -Eileen

1  Thank Mary S
ColoradoJames, Front Office Manager at Royal Gorge Rafting, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2014

We're so happy that you chose to go rafting and zip lining with us! Our packages are really a great deal and a wonderful way to spend the day. Seeing as you are experienced rafters, we're glad that Greivy showed you a great time on the Royal Gorge and gave you some new memories to cherish.
Our White Water Bar & Grill is really convenient for a delicious meal in a relaxing environment before, after or in-between trips. It's awesome that you were kept entertained on the zip line course with Amelia and Alex.

Thank you for rafting and zip lining with us! We hope that you will come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Rafted the Royal Gorge yesterday with Matt as our guide.
It was so cool. We experienced technical rafting first hand around rocks and through the narrow gorge with cfs around 700. Seeing the highest suspension bridge in the world was sick. In the Royal Gorge, out of this world beautiful scenery, like nothing I have ever seen before. Perfect weather.
I highly recommend Matt to be your guide. I felt like I was in good, safe hands the whole trip. Knowledgeable-explaining the history of the gorge with interesting facts on the nature and wildlife all around us. Matt took the extra time with us, smelling the Ponderosa trees, surfing Satins suck hole and jumping off rocks.
Doing this river has officially made me want to experience white water all around the world!
Thank you!!

2  Thank goforahike

We're so glad to hear that you had a great time rafting on the Royal Gorge with Matt. He has been a new addition to our team this year and after all the great reviews, we are really stoked to have him! You're right, the Royal Gorge is seriously breath-taking and what better way to see it than in a raft, plummeting through exhilarating class III/IV rapids! It's nice that you got to experience both excitement and some relaxation on your trip. The Royal Gorge is certainly a unique experience and no matter how many times you raft that section, it never seems to get old. It's awesome that you've been inspired to experience rafting on other rivers around the world. We're still certain that your trip down the Royal Gorge will remain unique.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked my trip with Abbey and she was so sweet! She answered all my questions and the booked me with one of their best guides, Earnst! He was great and has so much experience. He was so informative and let me sit in the back with him and every time he called a "lean-in" he reached over and grabbed my "Pfd" just to make sure I never fell out. My parents thought that was the sweetest thing ever...he's my hero! When I go to college I can't wait to come back and try to be a raft guide just like the Heroes that just took me down the beat ride ever ! Thank you royal gorge rafting for such a great first time!! I'll never forget it:))

1  Thank Aimeelou12

We take both first-timers and experienced guests on the Royal Gorge all season long. We want our trips to be enjoyable regardless of whether you are nervous or excited at first. Ernst is very patient and has a calming personality. It's awesome that he was able to put your mind at ease yet also boost your confidence.

We're glad that you've had a great first-time experience with us, from booking your trip with Abbey to your trip down the river with Ernst. Thank you for rafting with us and we hope that you will come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My co worker and I did the full day trip down the river and under the royal gorge. My first time but the guide we had, I think his name was Matt.......made me think I had done this all my life.
"Left side back 2!!"
"right side forward 1!!"
I loved it!!! Those are paddle commands btw.
great job Matt and hope the other guides are as knowledgeable and fun to raft with as you. I don't think the views on that river can be beat.

1  Thank michaelhath

Matt is very easy-going and laid back but is extremely knowledgeable on the river. He makes his guests feel at ease but also have a lot of fun with him. You're right about the scenery in the Royal Gorge; it's breath-taking and such a unique experience!

Thank you for rafting with us! We hope that you will come back again soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Fabulous full-day rafting trip on August 8th! We felt very safe and secure with our guide. Ernesto did a great job of navigating the raft through the rapids! He was great! We appreciated all of the safety features...helmets, safety kayaker, etc. The photos of our trip were fantastic and well worth the money! With other companies we've been with, only a couple of photos were provided, but with Royal Gorge we have a disk of 25 photos or so of our family going through a variety of the rapids. Great memories! Lunch was also great! Definitely highly recommend this rafting company and we will use them again the next time we are in the CO Springs area.

1  Thank OneBigKid

We're really glad that Ernst showed you a fabulous time rafting on the Full Day Royal Gorge! Your safety is always our number one concern so we like to provide you with the latest state of the art equipment and gear. The kayak photographer is a priceless addition to your trip, providing additional support as well as great photos from various angles.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to create some cherished memories for you on the Arkansas River! We look forward to taking you and your friends rafting again soon!