Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Canon City
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Canon City
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The room was very comfortable and clean. No neighboring suites were loud or obnoxious. Very friendly and welcoming staff. I definitely recommend this to anyone needing a place to stay in Canon. It is very convenient especially if you are wanting to go rafting or see the Royal Gorge, because that takes a lot out of you after a long day and it seems that you just need to crash. Good thing that this place was a wonderful place to crash at!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ryan H
llfarris, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Canon City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for the great comments! I am glad you were happy with your stay and I will pass on this review to our staff. It is a great motivator, especially after the summer season! Thank you again and I hope you will stay with us should you ever be back in the area.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Canon City

Reviewed 30 July 2013

A very comfortable stay indeed! The rooms were nice, and well furnished, and the bathrooms were very clean. Service here was amazing! Also the hotel is conveniently placed next to a gas station, and a few restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank EDH2000

Thank you for the great review! I appreciate your staying with us and hope you will do so again. These reviews are certainly a great way to let our staff know just how well they are doing. Thank you again!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have stayed at America's Best 3 times and will continue to do so whether I am there for business or with my family. It is always very clean and comfortable and the staff has always been very friendly to me.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lori Schryver H
llfarris, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Canon City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

First off, forgive me in be tardy in getting back with you about your review. I appreciate the fact that you are a repeat customer as we couldn't be successful without our return guests. Glad to hear your stay was comfortable. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you upon your return to the area.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay in Canon City for a rafting trip. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Pool looked great, but it was chill in the evenings so we didn't swim. Would definitely stay again. The young woman that was working when we checked out on Monday, July 22nd, noticed that we were from Moore, OK and asked how we weathered the tornadoes. She was very sweet and considerate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. I am sorry I didn't respond sooner. This was a great summer for rafting and glad to hear you were able to do that during your visit. Also glad to hear that your room was comfortable and you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will be able to come back this summer as the Royal Gorge Bridge will be reopen by then...not to mention more rafting. Thank you again!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

This hotel doesn't look like much from the outside but it was great inside. We wanted to stay in Canon city to be close to our whitewater rafting trip which took place early in the morning. There are not a lot of options in Canon City. When we got there we were told that they had upgraded our room from two doubles to two queens! Then when we got inside we found there was also a sleeper sofa so all 5 of us had a bed. Also, there was a nice basket of treats waiting for us! What a nice surprise after our bad experience the night before!

Room Tip: Ask for the corner room, it is bigger!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelinfine
llfarris, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Canon City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for the nice remarks regarding your stay. Yes, our property has red brick and pink river rock that does make it look like a throw back from the 80's BUT, the inside of our rooms are modern and up-to-date. Thank you for allowing us to serve you! I hope that you stop and stay with us again should you find yourself back in Canon City!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This motel felt a little dated, at least the ac worked. It did look like the bathrooms may have been updated recently. One night was enough here. Near a busy street with doors that open to parking lot. Breakfast is not included but you can purchase it in adjoining restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your review and for staying with us this past summer. I believe you stayed in our standard room and those are closer to the road so I am sorry for the traffic noise. Our family rooms, which are larger are located in the back building away from road. We would love to have the opportunity to serve you again. Should you find yourself back in this area, I would be glad to give you a complimentary upgrade to this room type. Thank you again for the review!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Very spacious room. Older bathroom but functional. Did not pay to stay at a Four Seasons. You get what you paid for but clean, comfortable and basic. I'm OK with that. Pool was nice. Internet functional. Did not stay for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
llfarris, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Canon City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay. We do strive to provide the best service possible and if any comments are always appreciated. I hope you will visit our area again and be our guest!.

Lloyd Harwood