“Hampton Inn Canon City Colorado”

Hampton Inn Canon City
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Canon City
United States
“Hampton Inn Canon City Colorado”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

First, I was not welcomed as a Hilton Honors member. Second, we asked for a 1st floor room but were placed at the end of the 3rd floor even though the hotel was not full. It seemed as though everyone that evening was placed on the 3rd floor. Third, the room next to us had a family with small noisy children so we asked to be moved and were told they would be leaving because the pool had too much chlorine in it. They never left. Fourth, our room had no TV controller so we went to the desk and were given a controller but it was not for the brand in our room. We returned it and were given another one but it didn't work either. We didn't take it back. Fifth, the sheets and pillow cases on the bed looked as though they had been slept on and there were sticky marks on the desk from soda cans. Also, there was no kleenex in the room. And finally, I asked for a wake up call but never received it. This made us late for an appointment so we were unable to eat the breakfast at the hotel. Of the 9 Hampton Inn's we stayed in on our trip this was the most expensive and and offered the poorest service.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Colorado
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I had to go to Canon City for meeting which required a Sunday night stay. This seemed to be the best option as Hampton Inns are usually pretty good - especially for business with good and free internet and a free breakfast.

Reserved a room at $159 - I could not believe it was so expensive but it was all that was available- Checked in about 5pm. Not much options so ended up on the top fool facing the road. I asked for something quiet but they were full so said that was not an option...tried to log onto internet to get work done. Slow connection that kept throwing me off....but would stay on for a while then reconnect. Called down and they told me there were no issues- maybe it was my computer. I told them I might not be able to stay if the internet is not working as I need to get work done. Long story short - I was out of luck as there was no hotels/motels open for 40 miles. Internet did go down and I got nothing done and could not sleep with the road traffic all night long. Woke unrested to a terrible breakfast (those powered eggs are disgusting). When I checked out I told the from desk about my issues - She said "sorry - yes the internet was not working". No offer to reduce rate or add points for my Hilton Honors. They won't see come back for sure.

Room Tip: Not facing the highway!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank eccewbd
South Hutchinson
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I had made a reservation several weeks in advance and needed to add an additional day a couple of days prior to our arrival but the hotel website didn't show any more "king rooms" available so I called the hotel directly and they not only added the room I wanted to my reservation but did so at the rate I had booked at earlier even though it was considerably lower than the current going rate.
Upon my arrival I requested a room on the side of the hotel that was away from the highway out front and Jason was very helpful in getting us what we wanted.
Breakfast always had a good variety and room was clean and quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms on North side of the hotel are away from highway 50 which runs in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James H
Troy, Alabama
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We only stopped here for the night when traveling through the area. Very nice hotel and convenient for us. It was very clean and the room was nice. We would stay here again. As usual, the breakfast was a plus for us.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We traveled from Illinois to Canon City to spend the night in a hotel before our week long camping trip in the middle of nowhere up in the Rockies. The hotel was pretty clean, the staff was very friendly upon check-in and the room was clean. Breakfast the next morning was ok for hotel food. We didn't experience any problems at this hotel.

St. Charles, IL, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Best hotel in Canon City by far. New, clean. I read a couple bad reviews of this hotel from disgruntled folks with personal problems. Great pool and hot tub. Clean spacious bathrooms. Really good breakfast. This hotel is a no brainer if you stay in Canon City.

Augusta, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Would never stay here again. My room was not clean, in fact there was something smeared on the card left by the cleaninf staff telling us the room was cleaned. The walls are paper thin because i could here people comming and going all night.

2 Thank Carl W