“A convenient place to stay.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Canon City
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We needed a place to stay on our way to Colorado Springs, and were recommended to stay overnight in Canon City so that we could see something of the events taking place next morning.
As we drove through on the East/West Highway, some motels looked tatty and already full of cars. We then realised that it was the weekend for the classic car show and we should find a room asap, so we drove to the west end of the strip and pulled into the Quality Inn.
Ryan, the desk clerk, was a very helpful man and when we explained that we could not make the stairs, found us a room on the ground floor with glass doors into the car park. Thus we were able to park very close to our room and haul our luggage direct into the room. Be careful if you do the same though!... the glass doors are worn out, difficult to open and may fall out of the runners! During the evening, I was able to walk out into the car park and have a preview of the classic cars waiting to attend the show next morning.
The room was generally ok, but had a tired atmosphere to it, and the pillows were hopeless. Just as well we had our own set in the car. Overall, the hotel needs a major renovation and upgrade, to bring it up to Quality Inn standards.
The breakfast was basic, the advertised fresh fruit did not appear, and the coffee weak and tasteless.
Overall, our stay was ok and just about value for money. I would say that if you prefer some place posher, then look elsewhere

Room Tip: The corridors are long and musty, so if you take a ground floor room like we did, be very careful if...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife, daughter, and myself stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. We booked the room with Choice Hotels online for two nights. Upon arrival, the staff was friendly and the hotel appeared to be clean and well kept. The trouble started when I extended the stay for an additional night. Instead of adding an additional authorization hold on my bank card for the 3rd night, they added one for the all three nights in total ($388) on top of the first one for 2 nights ($264). I was informed that there was nothing they could do, as the manager was off for the holiday and would not be back until Monday. I was contacted my bank, and got a banker on the line with the front desk. The bank informed them that all they needed were the auth codes from the hotel, and they could manually remove the holds from my account. The front desk stated that they did not have access to such things, and we would have to wait for the manager to return on Monday. The hotel then made an attempt to clear it up within their system, and ended up adding a third hold ($118). At this point, my account had become over-drafted. After several calls to my bank, I was told that the manager was unwilling to cooperate with the bank, or his own staff (who were very friendly, and really seemed to be trying to fix this). We decided to go about our weekend festivities, and try again later. When we returned to the hotel, I went down to the front desk, and was greeted by a different employee. I explained the situation to her, and she looked through the system and informed me that she showed no record of any holds ever having been placed on my card. They had magically "disappeared" from their system. I called my bank back, and the holds were indeed still in place. The hotel staff then provided me with a receipt the next morning, showing 3 nights charged ($357), and informed me that the holds had been voided within their system (I thought they didn't exist...). As of today (Monday), this still has not been resolved, and the holds are still in place (totaling $770). My advice to anyone who must stay here, is to use a major credit card, NOT a bank card.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were at the hotel for 5 days for a family reunion. Our room was spacious with a fridge and microwave. The bathroom had a double sink with lots of counter space, and a stool to sit at when applying makeup, etc. The bath/shower and toilet were separate from the sink area.There was built-in shelving in the bathroom as well as the closet, so we were able to unpack and feel more at home. The swimming pool was a great area for the children in our group. It was fun to walk down the hallway and see the names of Hollywood stars who had stayed there (John Wayne, James Arness, Tom Selleck, Goldie Hawn to name a few). The hotel was close to good restaurants, train rides, shops and activites. Comfortable beds, very clean, helpful pleasant front desk staff. We will stay there again if our travels take us back this direction.

Room Tip: Request a room in the newer section away from the highway.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed one night passing through. The hotel is very old. The halls had an odor, but not noticeable in the rooms. It was just okay on cleanliness, but the bed was comfortable. It was within walking distance of a restaurant. For the money, we were satisfied.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa1946
Reviewed 21 June 2014

clean and friendly but they do need to update. The staff was very nice and friendly. The room was clean, the bed was clean and very comfortable. The main problem we had was when we checked out they double charged our card and did not want to admit they had made a mistake. It has taken several days to get it all straightened out. The manager was very rude every time he was at the desk and when we called to get the charges fixed he even got ruder. I would not suggest staying here until they can fix their problems. It seems to be a management problem because all of the staff was very helpful and did their jobs well. They recommended several local restaurants that were awesome. It is expensive for what you get.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We recently spent one night at this hotel. Since I was traveling with grandboys, I had requested a suite room with an extra bed. When we arrived at our room, they had given us two adjoining king rooms, which meant we had two bathrooms, two dressing areas and two bedrooms. In short, we had a full apartment. The motel is an older model, but everything was clean and staff was responsive to every request. Our rooms were in a newer section away from the highway... request that when you reserve. I walked through the older section on the way to breakfast.... not as fresh with a lingering odor that was not pleasant. Boys enjoyed breakfast selection. The outdoor pool was large and well kept. If large spacious rooms are your cup of tea, this one is for you.

Room Tip: Request a room in the newer section back from the highway.
1  Thank Sid H
GMCO027, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing, we do apologize that the suite requested had a maintenance issue but were very happy to be able to provide accommodations that met or exceeded the requested room style. We take great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and have a great team on individuals that strive to provide great service everyday. Again thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and providing the feedback that assists us in getting better everyday

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel needs a serious face lift. The furnishing are old, the fixtures are old, the carpeting and paint are old. I think they charge way to much for what you get. The bed was comfortable and clean but very outdated. No Wi-Fi. No mini fridge or microwave. There are two hot tubs and one of them was completely unusable due to the amount of Chlorine. Breakfast was very average and the staff could not keep up with restocking the food. The front desk staff was pleasant and I would say this hotels best asset. We won't go back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have begun making many renovations to our hotel and have added to our wifi network to create better coverage. Our hotel is built completely of concrete and while this is very helpful in creating nice quiet rooms it has made the addition of wifi a challenge.Again thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, this is helpful in our desire to provide and increase services.