“Great place!”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Canon City
USA
“Great place!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Very clean, quiet, comfortable room. We are hard to please about accommodations and meals away from home but have no complaints about this BW. Will return to Canon City on a future trip and will stay nowhere else!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWCanonCity-Manager, Manager at Best Western Canon City, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Guest

Our goal is to have over 100% customer satisfaction and we know that how small things makes the difference and that is what we aim to be perfect for. Instead of cutting corners we spend little extra on things that guest uses (even though we are not mandated as per our just regular Best Western standards) and that goes a long way.

Best Regards
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Canon City, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The owner accused our wedding party of breaking a window in the pool room. After talking the several staff members, the window was broken since June, we were there in September 2013. Then said our party was fighting in the pool room, again the after investigation it was not true. The owner even insinuated the we were racist because he was of middle eastern dissent. Our wedding party was of many nationalities and we NEVER brought up race. We just wanted the truth! The staff was wonderful but we will never recommend or stay at this hotel again. (And we had 10 rooms)

3 Thank Linda Wellott A
BWCanonCity-Manager, Owner at Best Western Canon City, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Linda Wellott Abasta,

I don't know why the guest had to bring the race into picture, I do not remember either of us mentioned anything about anyone's race. And FYI I am not middle eastern or whatever you call it I was raised in India but I am AMERICAN (not American Indian, just American who chose to migrate to USA as I love this country and at the same time I am eqully proud of my culture.) Don't bring race when you do not get things your way.

You are recommending others not to stay here but as an owner I regret my decision to layout red carpet for the whole wedding group and we prefer you not stay with us as you did so much damage to our property and disturb other guests I am getting complaints from them about your group. So please stay somewhere else as it will be a blessings in disguise for us.

The whole wedding party was rude to our staff, calling them names and disruptive to the operation of hotel, smoking in non-smoking areas and rude, rude and only rude. They were helping themselves from our kitchen pantry without even letting us know forget about asking. They were so noisy that the guests from nearby areas either left early or asked us to move their room away from the party and we lost on many rooms. They were fighting outside the entrance doors, smoking outside entrance doors and guests and continued doing that even after guest from the room requested them to be respective from the window. They were playing by throwing balls in the pool from pool to hot-tub. They were drinking beers in the pool and risking their and others lives. They were stealing stacks of towels from the housekeeping carts without asking and without telling them where they are going. They ruined so many towels with their makeup that we could not clean them.

After seeing this and listening to my all of my staff (housekeeping, maintenance, front-desk and managers) how rude they were, I as an owner had to step-in and act to protect our property and integrity of our staff.

I was angry and told them about that but at no time I was swearing as it is not what we do. Instead the guest started using F word as soon as I asked for dirty towels from the room for cleaning before telling them anything.

My whole staff was so petrified of the whole wedding group that if I had not acted in their defense I wonder how far this group had gone.

I spoke to Michael Abasta and he apologized for the behavior of the group and even I apologized for anything wrong that might have happened from my side. Next day, Bob (bride's father) came to talk about this and told him what had happened and once again we both apologized to each other.

I as an owner had instructed to layout red carpet treatment for the wedding group, as I had been in contact with Mike Abasta for over a month to help him with accommodation. We gave them extremely low rate but the whole thing backfired.

So please accept our apology for your discomfort and we wish you good luck with your stay in Canon City in other hotels for future. However, we still hope that you will choose us and Best Western for your stay in future and hopefully we will have no complaints from you.

Once again we apologize that you were not happy with us.

If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at hotel on 719 275 2400. If I am not available please leave a message I will definitely call you back.

Other than that for me Comfort and Safety of Guests and Integrity of our staff is the most important and I will not let anyone jeopardize that.

Owner/GM

BEST WESTERN Canon City
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My 2 sisters and mother and I were here to celebrate my mom's 85th bd. The hotel was super clean, up-to-date, staff were friendly, pool was just the right temp. with fresh towels available, the beds were very comfortable, etc. The breakfast buffet was pretty good and the breakfast bar was kept clean and refreshed. I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWCanonCity-Manager, General Manager at Best Western Canon City, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing us to stay for a special occasion and we wish your mother very Happy Birthday. We look forward to see you again and celebrate many more birthdays to come.

Once again on behalf of all our staff we thank you for your feedback and compliments.

Best Regards
Chicago
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed here while in town to ride the Royal Gorge Railroad. Hotel is very very clean and updated recently. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful, beds were great. There is a chili's restaurant less than a block away and if you are in town for the railroad it is just a mile or so down the road. Would stay here again anytime.

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay during your holidays. We are glad to see that you not only enjoyed your stay with us but had a wonderful time in our city.

Hopefully our brand new Royal Gorge Bridge and Park will be open next year and we look forward to see you then too. Please visit our town as in this difficult times of ruined business due to fire and flood we need tourists.

Best Wishes
perry, mo
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is a great Best Western. Lobby was and had a large area for breakfast. Room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast has hot items offered, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, plus many other things. Would be glad to stop here again if in the area. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
BWCanonCity-Manager, Manager at Best Western Canon City, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Guest

You will recommend us to others and that is worth more than just saying a thank you from our heart.

Best wishes and take care.
Rogers, United States
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Family reunion in Canon City, CO. Prices at this Best Western were a little high but compared to other motels in the same area, it was a better value. Extremely friendly staff, room clean and inviting. The breakfast was the best I have seen in a long time. It was more like a BUFFET BREAKFAST than a Continental breakfast! Lots of choices and everything was fresh! YUMMO! Great Staff!! Great Motel!!

Dear Guest

You are very special to us as you came here for a family reunion and by staying with us you made us part of your family.

We look forward to see you again and provide the same quality of service and amenities that made you happy this time.

Best Wishes and Say Hi to your other relatives in Canon City.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 September 2013

very clean hotel, when checking in front entrance appealing. Staff and guest very pleasant such a welcoming community Food well prepared, and kept stocked never having to wait for the hot entrée, Appreciate a hotel that puts their guest first making sure you are completely satisfied and comfortable

Dear Guest

You said it all by putting the title as 'Happy Guest' all I can add is 'Smiley Face' of our staff.

Best wishes and thank you for choosing Best Western and staying at our hotel.

Regards