“Not from a can”

Dining options: Reservations
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Not from a can”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

After growing up in Texas and now living in New Mexico my wife and I enjoy good Mexican food. That's what you'll find here. Everything is freshly made with authentic Mexican flavors (not greasy). We recommend the Tacos al Carbon that are panfried with a jumbo margarita. The decor is small-town Colorado Mexican. It is quiet, extremely clean and family friendly.

Visited April 2014

“Our place in canon city for Mexican”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Enjoyed it so much went back the next week. Huge variety but the three entree combination fits the bill. Service like the food is very good.

• Visited February 2014
“One of my favorite restaurants.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

You will never be disappointed with the service and quality of food at El Caporal. My wife and I eat here often. It is a very pleasant place to enjoy a meal. Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“consistently good food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Good food portions for the money. Food is consistently prepared every visit. Staff are pleasant and accommodating.

• Visited December 2013
Canon City, Colorado
“Mexican Food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I grew up in So. Cal. and this is like the Mexican food I am use to, not some American version. We have always had good service and good food. But I have to say lately the ground beef enchiladas have been very runny, they were one of my favorites. If you want a bunch of green chili slopped all over you food go to Pueblo to eat, they don't know what Mexican food is there. We have been eating here for 12 years so I guess we like it.

• Visited April 2013

Been to El Caporal? Share your experiences!