“AMAZING pizza & pasta”

Caffe Rustica
Price range: US$11 - US$42
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Relaxed dining in tropical surroundings.Caffe Rustica is a thirty seat purpose built contemporary restaurant constructed in corrugated iron so as to provide an alfresco feel.We provide both dine in and takeaway meals prepared with the freshest local ingredients and delivered by our friendly staff in relaxed setting. There are a dozen authentic Italian pastas and nearly two dozen types of traditional crispy-crusted pizzas/calzone; to be accompanied by a range of Italian wines and boutique beers.There are a range of desserts and gelati all made on site.
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Wow, the pizza and pasta are freshly made to order and honestly we are spoilt for pizza choice in Sydney and this was the best pizza dough we have ever eaten. Cute queenslander style restaurant, open kitchen was immaculate, staff friendly, reasonably priced, licenced. Would definately go back again. We chose it based on reviews and we were given a treat.

1  Thank Spazzy010

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We enjoyed dining at Caffe Rustica so much I was inspired to write my first Trip Advisor review. I give top marks to the food, atmosphere, and staff. I have made it a habit to try the lasagne at restaurants all round the globe and can finally stop searching as the lasagne at Rustica matches the best lasagne homemade by a talented Italian friend. Well done to the owners for providing an authentic Italian dining experience in Queensland. Great food and a tropical open air setting for a very reasonable price.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

If there was a 'good' rating, i would have selected it. Love the building. Open air, timber and corrugated iron. Great for tropics and a relaxed atmosphere. Waitress on the evening may have been sweet and in training, but she needed to perk up and speak up. I may sound harsh, but shy and mumbling service is not what I was paying reasonable dollars for. I know people have to learn.....but put them with someone who can show them how to present themselves before inflicting them on the paying punter. The pizza was fresh and full of flavour. Not overloaded with ingredients which was good. For mine....'less is more' when it comes to good pizza. If you want an overload of processed meats, cheeses and commercially pre-prepared ingredients, this place is not for you. Its freshly prepared pizza and pasta. My friends all enjoyed their meals as well. Servings are not overly generous considering the prices however I'm happy to pay a few extra dollars and get a smaller portion of fresh and tasty food, than a plate full of stodge. Little or no interaction from those who appeared to be the owner/operators, considering the place was not really busy and it is a tourist area.. A bit of 'pep' in the hospitality and service stakes and I would happily rate this restaurant as very good.

Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

I mostly went to the cafe because I loved the building - all timber and corrugated iron and wide open windows, great for the tropics! We had pizza which was good, although I prefer my pizza bases a little thinner. I followed this with the seriously delicious chocolate and almond torte for dessert (all desserts and homemade, in house, including gelati). Worth trying out.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Cafe Rustica is what Mission Beach is all about, being able to stroll down the road have an enjoyable meal, a couple of drinks in tropical surroundings from owners of a business that puts a 100% in every time.

Try the Rustica Pizza!