“Great food Great place”

Caffe Rustica
Price range: US$11 - US$42
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Description: Relaxed dining in tropical surroundings.Caffe Rustica is a thirty seat purpose built contemporary restaurant constructed in corrugated iron so as to provide an alfresco feel.We provide both dine in and takeaway meals prepared with the freshest local ingredients and delivered by our friendly staff in relaxed setting. There are a dozen authentic Italian pastas and nearly two dozen types of traditional crispy-crusted pizzas/calzone; to be accompanied by a range of Italian wines and boutique beers.There are a range of desserts and gelati all made on site.
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
“Great food Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

During our stays in mission beach we always make sure we go to Caffe Rustica .The food is all freshly made and the piazza's are fantastic.The desserts are all homemade including the ice cream which is some of the best you will eat .This is making me hungry writing this ,can't recommend this place enough

• Visited August 2013

vientienne
“Pizza was lacking cheese”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Went in with friends on a Sunday morning, only people in there. Tried to have banter with the owner, wasn't interested, got the impression he felt he was to good for us (we are backpackers)
Food seemed expensive for what you got and wasn't impressed.
Barely any cheese on the pizza, if any at all.
Will not be going back

• Visited May 2013
Peter W, Owner at Caffe Rustica, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
We make no bones about it, we don't smother our pizzas with cheese. This disappoints some who are accustomed to cheap, chain style pizzas, while others return regularly for this very reason. Bantering with backpackers - I don't have a problem with that. It seems to me that this particular backpacker has experienced negative vibes before - I wonder why!
Sydney, Australia
“AMAZING pizza & pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Wow, the pizza and pasta are freshly made to order and honestly we are spoilt for pizza choice in Sydney and this was the best pizza dough we have ever eaten. Cute queenslander style restaurant, open kitchen was immaculate, staff friendly, reasonably priced, licenced. Would definately go back again. We chose it based on reviews and we were given a treat.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Spazzy010
Melbourne, Australia
“Finally my perfect Lasagne!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We enjoyed dining at Caffe Rustica so much I was inspired to write my first Trip Advisor review. I give top marks to the food, atmosphere, and staff. I have made it a habit to try the lasagne at restaurants all round the globe and can finally stop searching as the lasagne at Rustica matches the best lasagne homemade by a talented Italian friend. Well done to the owners for providing an authentic Italian dining experience in Queensland. Great food and a tropical open air setting for a very reasonable price.

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Food is fresh and tasty, venue is perfect, service needs to perk up”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

If there was a 'good' rating, i would have selected it. Love the building. Open air, timber and corrugated iron. Great for tropics and a relaxed atmosphere. Waitress on the evening may have been sweet and in training, but she needed to perk up and speak up. I may sound harsh, but shy and mumbling service is not what I was paying reasonable dollars for. I know people have to learn.....but put them with someone who can show them how to present themselves before inflicting them on the paying punter. The pizza was fresh and full of flavour. Not overloaded with ingredients which was good. For mine....'less is more' when it comes to good pizza. If you want an overload of processed meats, cheeses and commercially pre-prepared ingredients, this place is not for you. Its freshly prepared pizza and pasta. My friends all enjoyed their meals as well. Servings are not overly generous considering the prices however I'm happy to pay a few extra dollars and get a smaller portion of fresh and tasty food, than a plate full of stodge. Little or no interaction from those who appeared to be the owner/operators, considering the place was not really busy and it is a tourist area.. A bit of 'pep' in the hospitality and service stakes and I would happily rate this restaurant as very good.

• Visited May 2013