“I Hope They Make It”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Konnyaku

Konnyaku
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Carbondale
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carbondale, Colorado
“I Hope They Make It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I'm used to plenty of Sushi restaurants and I'd have to say I was disappointed with Konnyaku. It's not as if they weren't trying. The service was excellent. They owners made sure you were taken care of. Atmosphere was good.

What disappointed me though was these were the smallest portions I've yet experienced in a Sushi restaurant. Can you say "half size rolls"? When I looked at the bill I felt like we should have dined at 689 or Russetts or Tempranillo in Basalt. Premium prices (expensive) and small portions may work in Aspen but not in Carbondale Colorado.

I'm disappointed.

4 Thank Fuddtractor

Centennial, Colorado
“Our new 1st choice for a great meal when we vacation in the valley.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

We have been visiting and dinning out in the Glenwood - Carbondale area for 30+ years and have dined at all of the usual places. During our most recient trip we discovered a wonderful dining experience in a strip mall. What a surprise.

We knew that we were in for a great evening the minute we walked in the door and were made to feel at home by Susan and Willie.

We were delighted with our choice of starters. Not the usual fare and very delicious. The same can be said for the rest of our meal. Our only regret is that we didn't get the sample the sushi bar. That's OK. Now we have a reason to revisit the valley later this year.

• Visited January 2012
Windsor, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect New Years Eve Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

We decided to check out Konnyaku on New Years Eve at around 7pm after looking on Tripadvisor for a Japanese restaurant and we couldn't have been more pleased. Immediately, the hostess was very engaging and took us to our table. We were given water and we asked about various sake, which the hostess then brought out a couple for us to try before picking a bottle.

The service was excellent the whole time. One of my friends I was with even went to the restroom and his napkin was refolded and waiting for him when he got back. They held onto our bottle of sake since we wanted it warmed and they were on top of refilling our pot whenever we needed it.

Our food was great too. We tried the spicy scallop roll, octopus and fresh tuna shashimi. All were very fresh and tasy and the soy sauce was great there too.

For dinner we got the spicy prawns, the duck stir fry and the scallop dish and they were all great. The hostess even brought over rice for us to soak up our juices left on the plate.

The experience was very enjoyable, the service was exceptional and the food was great. Will definitely be back whenever I am back in Redstone and want to make a trip up to Carbondale.

Visited December 2011
Winter Park, Colorado
“Nice decor. Great Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

Great service. Nice conversation with the chef at the sushi bar.
The atomic shrimp were very rich and filling. Too many tastes going on at the same time. The tropical drink was a too syrupy.

Visited October 2011
Grand Junction, CO
“Good food - outstanding service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

The sushi and appetizers were outstanding. The BBQ ribs were falling off the bone and the flavor was good. The Pad Thai and the Pork dishes were OK. The service was truly outstanding.

• Visited September 2011