“Not as good as used to be.”
Review of A Taste Of Mexico - CLOSED

A Taste Of Mexico
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "Taste the Mexico you Don't Know", We at A Taste of Mexico are committed to stay proactive and innovative, by the end of this month (November 2011) we will feature a new menu keeping our best platters and introducing a new set of options. We want to keep offering the value and quality you deserve. A Taste of Mexico also wants to focus on creating a memorable experience introducing family style platters and make you feel like at home, with our spacious and beautiful layout you can assure you can actually be in our restaurant and enjoy your stay, personable and sincere staff. We support our local economy and utilize as many local ingredients we can get. We stand 100% behind our restaurant, please if you experience any dislike a platter or drink that might not satisfy you or is not what you expected let us now immediately your server and our management will be happy to fix, replace or take care of your meal no questions ask 100% satisfaction guarantee. We are locally owned and operated, we come from Guadalajara, Jalisco famous for Tequila, Mariachi and of course our extensive cuisine. We at A Taste of Mexico offer you a simple, non-greasy, traditional and innovative platers with a twist that will keep you interested on coming back, 98% LARD FREE. Our amazing Original margarita is the best in town you haven't tasted anything like this, from our table side guacamole, endless chips and salsa (4 different options served) to our 007 Enchiladas, we will give you a dining experience that will give to you VALUE, quality and the service you deserve. Located in the most exclusive area of Castle Rock, CO. The Village at Castle Pines. See you soon!. Established in 2009 We started like many restaurateurs, working our way up from family owned restaurants, learning the business and daily operations. We have 13 years of restaurant experience and have worked with many cuisines, coming back to our roots, always. A Taste of Mexico represents and offers what we believe is traditional Mexican food with a touch of our generation, offering great traditional platters and others with a creative and innovative way, something you won't find anywhere else. At A Taste of Mexico we are proud to say we are leaders, we created this restaurant with one main Vision to offer platters like nobody else, options you would not find anywhere else. By the end of November we will keep doing that introducing a new menu featuring our popular items and introducing Family style dining and Rustic true traditional mexican options, where you can actually visit us and feel like home sharing a warm welcoming meal with your Familia.
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I rated this restaurant previously as one of my favorites. I don't know if it is new ownership, new management, or whatever, but on my last two visits food was not as good. It does not seem to be as fresh - whatever the cause, this restaurant is now off my list.

1  Thank JoeClements

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stopped in for a great bowl of Green Chili!! Always consistent & staff very friendly. We also had the FLACO BOWL which was also fantastic.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Went in for lunch, never been there before. Very good! First of all this is a very nice comfortable restaurant, the service was absolutely great, the wait staff and bus boys are very quick to respond to any request. The food was served quick and very well prepared, I had a burrito and it was very good with beans and rice, friend had fajitas which he said was also good. Prices are very fair and free refills on chips and 4 types of salsas makes this easy to recommend. I will be back! Again the atmosphere in this restaurant is hard to beat, try it you will like it.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

In an otherwise quiet corner of the CastlePines market place, Taste of Mexico is a hidden gem. Management and servers all genuinely gracious, service is A+. Selections vary to all tastes.
I had the "Crispy Salmon" and was pleasantly suprised with the flavor combination of citrus with mango and pepper salsa, creative flavor and yet not overly "soaked" with sauce so you can taste the flavor of the cut (generous portion of salmon as well). My husband says the Pork Carnitas are outstanding, I have tried them myself and the meat is so tender and sweet.
A limited but good selection of drinks that pair well with the entrees or appetizers. Your ice cold beer is served with an ice cold frosty mug each time, much appreciated when you're facing west, on the patio, gazing into a sunset on a night where it is still 88'F!
We have been here numerous times, and had family reunions (20+ people) with great service, and thought it was time to give these folks the kudos they deserve!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

The food is OK. Not great and not bad. I have dined there three times and the service is very good. The chips and the salsa and the bean dips are very good. The main course dinners I have had are just mediocre. I have tried the enchiladas, the nachos and the burritos. Not worth a special trip.

It is slim pickings if you are looking for good Mexican food in Castle Rock.