“Exceptional”

Hampton Inn Castle Rock
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Castle Rock
Reviewed 13 May 2014

One of the better hotel experiences I have had in a long time. Very clean room, staff inquired as to how satisfied I was with breakfast, and was even offered a snack bag at checkout. Would go out of my way to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Hotel staff was very nice and check in and out was a breeze! Room was great! The hotel was in proximaty to everything we wanted to do as well. Always fresh towels in the pool area and the hotel was clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Staff was below expectations for customer service. Not as professional as we typically experience at Hilton properties. Was not pleased to lean that the Jacuzzi was "being repaired" at check-in. Staff's comment was very cavalier about our disappointment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff W
Reviewed 4 April 2014

If I hadnt been charged at 250 room damage charge this property would have gotten a rating for three. I am a smoker, and although I didn't smoke in the room the Manager Chris, said that I did. I believe this to be due to being there 15 days, with worn clothing and coats that had the residual cigarette smell accumulating over that period of time. I did not have my room serviced for the first ten days that I was there, and it got the normal type of dirty that 10 days would be given. However, on day ten I received a letter from the manager that stated the room smelled of smoke and that there was an ash in front of the television and in the bathroom and that other guests had complained. When I asked why it took them over 12 days of me being there that the finally said they got complaints, she had no excuse. She did provide me with a picture of what she claimed was a cigarette ash, which I am showing here on Tripadvisor. With such blurry pictures how can it be difinitively proclaimed to be a cigarette ash. These charges are being disputed on the credit card. Her staff even told her that they seen me going outside to smoke during snow, rain, sunshine, and at all different hours. While I was there they had major construction going on in four of the rooms that were on the same floor as I was the first week or so that I was there , and I had complained about the smell as well, not that it was smoke, but it was a strange smell, like what I thought to be chlorine. Seems they have a problem with odors, not sure why. They did offer to change rooms for me, but I was already settled, and it was too much trouble. Now for the room itself, it was the typical Hampton Inn, with the normal breakfast spread, and the staff were pretty decent. Brian the swing and graveyard shift was the friendliest of all. The beds were comfy, as usual for the Hampton brands, and upon my arrival the room was clean, pleasant and bright.

Room Tip: If you smoke at all, do not stay here, you will more likely than not be charged a room damage fee as...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Great hotel. New and well kept. Location is right off the highway and central to everything. Close to the mountains. Came in after 13 hours of driving to find everything the way you would expect it to be.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This Hampton is closely located to Interstate 25 and the Douglas County Fairgrounds, where we often go for dog shows. It is a pet-friendly property. The facility is clean, well cared for, and the first floor pet rooms are definitely a plus. We've stayed here twice in the past year and the convenient location is great. The breakfast fare is standard for most Hampton Inns we've stayed at, which is definitely not IHOP, but it is free and the breakfast area is always very clean and well-stocked.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, let them know so they can put you on the first floor near the side entrance.