“Castle Rock”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Castle Rock
san antonio
“Castle Rock”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

The personnel were very friendly and helpful. We have stayed there twice and both times the rooms were very clean and attractive. I make a point to stay at choice hotels because of the personnel and comfort. My grandkids like to enjoy the pool after a day of traveling. The breakfast is a plus.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ComfortCastleRock, Manager at Comfort Suites Castle Rock, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind response. It really means a lot to the staff when we get a great review such as this one. We also appreciate your loyalty to Choice Hotels so that we can keep building a great hotel chain. We hope to see you again the next time you may be in Castle Rock.

Anthony, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

First, the room was mostly clean, but I did find some lettuce and debris under and around my bed upon checking in. I picked it up. It was quiet and the breakfast was just ok.

Now, the staff and management (including the owner) are horrendous! I must have been called 8 times one night because I extended my stay by a day and he was insisting that I go to the front desk to sign the papers (even though I technically had until 10:59 AM the next day to sign it); it was 9 PM. Eventually he slid it under my door and called me again, to tell me it was there. Uggh!

The next morning, a friend was securing the "incidental" deposit for me and according to the guy who worked the night before (the one who likes to call guest a million times for no reason), we were all set with that deposit. However, another staff member called to tell me that it was not all set and that I would need to fix it before 12:30 PM otherwise I was going to be "kicked out!". When I went down to the desk, I dealt with Anthony, the cocky manager who always has an obnoxious smirk on his face, I told him that his employee the night before had stated that we were all set, so it was his problem to fix. And furthermore, it was highly inappropriate for the 2nd person to tell me that I would be "kicked out" if I didn't deal with it. Anthony did not accept responsibility for the error made by his employee the night before, nor did he apologize. The problem was fixed immediately, but if hotels hadn't been sold out that night, I would have checked out. This hotel clearly doesn't respect their guests, nor appreciate their business. When I checked out, I saw the man who was threatening to "kick me out" the day before and told him how inappropriate it was for him to say that to me and that he could have said the same thing very differently. He told me that the owner stated the same thing to him; however, no apology was offered to me by anyone, not even the employee who said that to me AND I was never thanked for staying with them. No one asked me how they could make my stay better after the incident because they didn't care! Customer service doesn't exist at this hotel, nor the Days Inn that's right behind it (both hotels are owned by the same person).

The owner of this hotel is very unpleasant to deal with; he acts like he's absolutely miserable and he clearly doesn't know how to interact appropriately with customers. He doesn't seem to care who you are, nor what your status is with the hotel chain and he acts like the customer owes him something! Very nasty man. Also, Anthony is ridiculous. When I told him that he needed to train his employees properly (referring to the incident with the man telling me that my incidental deposit was all set, but it clearly wasn't), he just laughed. What a jerk!

Again, nothing was done to make the situation right with me. I was never apologized to by anyone and I was not thanked for staying with them. I told them that I would never stay there again due to the poor treatment that I received and no one seemed to care. This solidified my decision to check out and not extend my stay any further. Anthony is also the manager at the Days Inn right behind this hotel and his front desk manager is a miserable woman! She doesn't smile, she will not go out of her way to help anyone and seems very bothered when spoken to. She didn't thank me when I stayed there, so I had decided not to stay there again.

I am at Diamond level with Choice Hotels and I am at Gold level with Wyndham (Days Inn is a Wyndham property, but independently owned). No one at these two hotels care about your loyalty to their brand, so I would suggest staying elsewhere because you won't be treated properly, they won't accept responsibility for their mistakes and will be completely unprofessional. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
I want to apologize that the hotel and the staff did not meet your expectations. In the future we are going to take more consideration how our actions affect our guests. Unfortunately, when it comes to our guests paying their bill we must be a little stern sometimes and I am very sorry if it seemed offensive or rude in anyway. We care about all of our guest and we take great pride in our services we provide. When someone goes out of their way to put a review such as this on for everyone to see we take it very seriously and will make a great deal of changes so this does not happen again in the future. I also want to thank you for the time you took to give us these comments so we know exactly where we went wrong during your stay.

Again, I want to I apologize if our actions seemed offensive in any way and will be more aware moving forward.

Casper, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We reserved two suites for our family group or 9 (3 adults and 6 kids). Room 120 had no problems at all.

Room 134, on the other hand.....the door looked like it had been kicked in at some point, and the knob part of the security lock (the part on the door itself) was missing. When I mentioned it to the guy at the front desk he quickly came and replaced it. Then we unfolded the pullout couch and discovered all the springs were missing and the mattress fell down through it. Again, the guy came and promptly brought a roll away bed. The toilet did not flush well and we were told they have poor water pressure. Wallpaper was peeling in some areas, stains in others. It's definitely in need of a cosmetic upgrade. The next morning our bill reflected the cost of the rollaway and when I talked to the man at the front desk he removed that charge, since we had intended to use the broken couch bed, and also removed the charge for the roll away in the other room, which he had ordered.

The beds were very comfortable, and the staff was helpful. When we checked in at 7 pm there was one guy working the desk and he was the only one working. When we checked out the next morning at 9, there was one guy working and that was it. He was setting up the breakfast room, keeping it clean, checking people out, etc. WAY understaffed, but again, the staff did a great job under the conditions.

The pool/hot tub area and the fitness room were both clean, although a little small. The breakfast room was clean and it was typical Choice Hotel hot breakfast - powdered eggs, sausage, a waffle maker (although they had two flavors of waffles which was a nice surprise), yogurt, cereals, boiled eggs, etc. The rooms were both clean, just in need of an update.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
ComfortCastleRock, Manager at Comfort Suites Castle Rock, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
I want to apologize for the issues encountered in one of your rooms. Normally we do only have one person in the evening working, but in the morning we generally have a designated breakfast person. On this particular morning that person called in and we were unable to get someone to cover because of the late notice. That is the reason there was only one person that morning, so this is definately not the norm.

I appreciate your feedback and I will share them with my staff. Thank you!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I am over the road trucker and stopped to get a hotel last minute and was well accommodated! Check in was a breeze and was in room before I knew it! Nice room, service and people! The price was the same as surrounding areas and was in a good location! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2013
ComfortCastleRock, Manager at Comfort Suites Castle Rock, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we could accommodate you at our hotel. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Castle Rock.

Grand Junction
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We had come into town late at night just got off a plane there were no rooms around had to take a suite because of the fires but really enjoyed it. The room was great it was nice to be able to relax after a long trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. We are working hard to make improvements at the hotel and am glad to hear when the hard work pays off. I hope that we will see you again if you are in Castle Rock.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Staff was very helpful. The front desk clerk was kind enough to change our room due to an allergy that our son has to animals. The room, however, was not up to standard. The room was not very clean and I was bitten by what I believe to be a flea(?????) while sitting in the pull out sofa bed. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
I want to apologize for the experience at our hotel during your stay. I am the new manager as of a few months ago and I am glad that you have brought this to my attention. I am making a lot of changes sot hat this sort of thing will not happen again.

I assure you that we take your comments very seriously.

Anthony, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

My family stayed in this hotel for one week in June. We weren't pleased with the room service most of all. The second night we came in from a long day only to find the room partially straightened up with no towels. The next night was even worse, we found again no towels, trash cans full, the beds untouched, no room service what so ever. This was very disturbing. The beds were not comfortable and there was rarely a person at the front desk to greet us and help with our needs. Also the towel dispenser in the woman's restroom in the hall was broken. The breakfast was not good at all - rubber eggs, bad coffee, coffee grinds in the decaf, just to name a few things at the breakfast bar. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I was very surprised with how poor the service was.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
I want to apologize for the poor housekeeping. I was made aware of this issue after your stay so I implemented a new procedure to check the stay over rooms so that this sort of thing would not happen again. I assure you that your comments did not go unnoticed!

We are also making a lot of change to the breakfast so that there is more selection and better quality.

I appreciate the time you took to make sure that management knew about your experience so that we can get this corrected.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Rock
Hampton Inn Castle Rock
#2 of 7 in Castle Rock
Days Inn & Suites Castle Rock
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate

Been to Comfort Suites Castle Rock? Share your experiences!