“Room was excellent!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Castle Rock
Larkspur, Colorado
“Room was excellent!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 12:46 a.m. during a snow storm. The receptionist was friendly and very quick to help us get a room. The room was more than sufficient for our needs and very comfortable. The morning breakfast was more that sufficient and very tasty.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
CastleRockGM, Manager at Comfort Suites Castle Rock, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear KJ,
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your stay. I am happy to hear that we were able to accomodate you in a pinch and that my staff made you feel comfortable right away. That is the experience we strive to achieve. Thank you for staying with us and we forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We never been to castle rock .actually we were on our way to colorado springs when my husband caught an amazing view of the mountains passing by on the highway and stated how about we stay here.we turned around up the highway from the comfort inn and suites check a few hotels in the area but we were not impressed. So i said to my husband lets see what they offer at the comfort inn and much to our liking the guy bryce at the front desk let us see the room and i immediately loved. It as we only planned to stay one night and move on to colorado springs.The next day i said i dont want to leave this hotel so we ended up staying here for three nights. We really liked it and plan on going back when the weather is warmer so we can enjoy the balcony view more. I cant wait ....all the staff was great Scott even helped us out because we left the keys in the car and it ran our battery down but Scott he gave us a jump.awesome staff see you soon.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank joynm
ComfortCastleRock, Manager at Comfort Suites Castle Rock, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you so much for the review, my staff and I really enjoyed reading the very thoughtful review. It really makes us feel good when we can go above and beyond for one of guests.

Thanks again!

WHEATON
Reviewed 1 October 2013

It was a welcome relief to stay at a nice pet friendly hotel. Some hotels we had to stay in, because they were the only ones that allowed three dogs, were less than comfortable. The Comfort Suites is updated, very clean, had good beds and pillows and felt like home. Plus it was reasonably priced! We appreciate a hotel chain that allows us to travel with our dogs comfortably.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room near an exit if you are traveling with pets.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
ComfortCastleRock, Manager at Comfort Suites Castle Rock, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for the time you took to respond to our Trip Advisor review, I will definitely share this with my staff. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Castle Rock.

Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 26 September 2013

It was a short stay. We got their at 7:20pm, very tired after driving 11 and a half hours. The room appeared clean and the bed was comfortable. We were up early, had breakfast and gone by 6:30am. The powdered eggs are tasteless, the sausage ok and the waffles nice. No flavored creamer for your coffee, that was a big disappointment. The front desk people were ok.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
ComfortCastleRock, Manager at Comfort Suites Castle Rock, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for your response and appreciate your comments about our breakfast. We are going to address these issues to see if we can find a solution to improve our food and beverage. Please know that your comments are not going unnoticed and we are going to do everything in our power to make the breakfast the best that we can.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed for one night but ended up staying for two. My room was great, had a view of the mountain, it was right off I25 and it was waking distance to pub that served great food. The room was clean , the staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your kind response. It really means a lot to the staff when we get a great review such as this one. We hope to see you again the next time you may be in Castle Rock.

san antonio
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The personnel were very friendly and helpful. We have stayed there twice and both times the rooms were very clean and attractive. I make a point to stay at choice hotels because of the personnel and comfort. My grandkids like to enjoy the pool after a day of traveling. The breakfast is a plus.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind response. It really means a lot to the staff when we get a great review such as this one. We also appreciate your loyalty to Choice Hotels so that we can keep building a great hotel chain. We hope to see you again the next time you may be in Castle Rock.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 August 2013

First, the room was mostly clean, but I did find some lettuce and debris under and around my bed upon checking in. I picked it up. It was quiet and the breakfast was just ok.

Now, the staff and management (including the owner) are horrendous! I must have been called 8 times one night because I extended my stay by a day and he was insisting that I go to the front desk to sign the papers (even though I technically had until 10:59 AM the next day to sign it); it was 9 PM. Eventually he slid it under my door and called me again, to tell me it was there. Uggh!

The next morning, a friend was securing the "incidental" deposit for me and according to the guy who worked the night before (the one who likes to call guest a million times for no reason), we were all set with that deposit. However, another staff member called to tell me that it was not all set and that I would need to fix it before 12:30 PM otherwise I was going to be "kicked out!". When I went down to the desk, I dealt with Anthony, the cocky manager who always has an obnoxious smirk on his face, I told him that his employee the night before had stated that we were all set, so it was his problem to fix. And furthermore, it was highly inappropriate for the 2nd person to tell me that I would be "kicked out" if I didn't deal with it. Anthony did not accept responsibility for the error made by his employee the night before, nor did he apologize. The problem was fixed immediately, but if hotels hadn't been sold out that night, I would have checked out. This hotel clearly doesn't respect their guests, nor appreciate their business. When I checked out, I saw the man who was threatening to "kick me out" the day before and told him how inappropriate it was for him to say that to me and that he could have said the same thing very differently. He told me that the owner stated the same thing to him; however, no apology was offered to me by anyone, not even the employee who said that to me AND I was never thanked for staying with them. No one asked me how they could make my stay better after the incident because they didn't care! Customer service doesn't exist at this hotel, nor the Days Inn that's right behind it (both hotels are owned by the same person).

The owner of this hotel is very unpleasant to deal with; he acts like he's absolutely miserable and he clearly doesn't know how to interact appropriately with customers. He doesn't seem to care who you are, nor what your status is with the hotel chain and he acts like the customer owes him something! Very nasty man. Also, Anthony is ridiculous. When I told him that he needed to train his employees properly (referring to the incident with the man telling me that my incidental deposit was all set, but it clearly wasn't), he just laughed. What a jerk!

Again, nothing was done to make the situation right with me. I was never apologized to by anyone and I was not thanked for staying with them. I told them that I would never stay there again due to the poor treatment that I received and no one seemed to care. This solidified my decision to check out and not extend my stay any further. Anthony is also the manager at the Days Inn right behind this hotel and his front desk manager is a miserable woman! She doesn't smile, she will not go out of her way to help anyone and seems very bothered when spoken to. She didn't thank me when I stayed there, so I had decided not to stay there again.

I am at Diamond level with Choice Hotels and I am at Gold level with Wyndham (Days Inn is a Wyndham property, but independently owned). No one at these two hotels care about your loyalty to their brand, so I would suggest staying elsewhere because you won't be treated properly, they won't accept responsibility for their mistakes and will be completely unprofessional. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
I want to apologize that the hotel and the staff did not meet your expectations. In the future we are going to take more consideration how our actions affect our guests. Unfortunately, when it comes to our guests paying their bill we must be a little stern sometimes and I am very sorry if it seemed offensive or rude in anyway. We care about all of our guest and we take great pride in our services we provide. When someone goes out of their way to put a review such as this on for everyone to see we take it very seriously and will make a great deal of changes so this does not happen again in the future. I also want to thank you for the time you took to give us these comments so we know exactly where we went wrong during your stay.

Again, I want to I apologize if our actions seemed offensive in any way and will be more aware moving forward.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Rock
Hampton Inn Castle Rock
#2 of 7 in Castle Rock
Days Inn & Suites Castle Rock
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate

Been to Comfort Suites Castle Rock? Share your experiences!