“Home-style Italian (and Mexican?)”
Review of Angie's Restaurant

Angie's Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 158 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: For over 50 years and 13 locations, the McCaffrey family has been sharing their homemade Italian and Mexican specialties with the Denver area. Mike McCaffrey first opened Angie's in the Hilltop area of Denver. And now, sons Chris and Mike, along with their wives, have opened their own locations in Littleton and Castle Rock. We now have the third generation of McCaffrey's working at our locations and we are looking forward to 50 more delicious years!
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I grew up in Castle Rock but never ate at Angie's. But last night we were trying to find a restaurant and it was one of the only places open on a Sunday night during a Broncos game. The decor is a bit cheesey and dated, but the server was so kind and smiley, and the food was surprisingly good.

This is not gourmet cooking by any stretch, and rather reminded me of something my mom would cook. It hit the spot. The minestrone soup was clearly homemade. The chicken parmigiana and eggplant pesto parmigiana were both tasty and the spaghetti noodles tasted homemade too. I was tempted to try a Mexican entree, but that will have to wait til next time. Instead I had fried ice cream and it was generously portioned and pretty good.

We will definitely go back the next time we're in Castle Rock and hungry for some good comfort food.

1  Thank KrisHutchinson

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Angie's offers both Italian and Mexican cuisine. I can't comment on the Mexican because every Itime I go I want the Italian food that I love so much. Simply put, it's the best Italian food in Castle Rock. You can build your own pasta dish or order from their menu of dishes. It's a really small restaurant so Don't expect group seating.

1  Thank Jeff7520
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We visited on a Sunday for a late lunch so I think we missed the lunch rush. The staff was friendly and attentive, bathrooms were clean and the menu included italian and mexican. They also had a few tables outside but it was just a little warm today so we decided to sit inside. We noticed that the walls were actually several old doors complete with door knobs and apartment/house numbers. My boyfriend got the hoagie and I got the spinach salad with bread - both were very good. The pasta dishes looked yummy and the desserts almost pulled us in but we resisted that temptation. I would go back and try a pasta dish for dinner. If you are looking for a local place in the older part of Castle Rock, I would recommend Angie's.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Lunch--three seniors---a very traditional family restaurant---many italian specialties and some
"mexican" choices. The thick spagetti is unique and the meatballs are made on site and
mix well with marinarra----the "canoli" are delicious and are served two to a plate---Italian beers and American brews are available---the Moretti Lager accommodates the spagetti well---
Restroooms are clean---service prompt and friendly----a casual meal place....parking at street-side only---outside sidewalk seating is available.

1  Thank Tsunamisam
Reviewed 21 May 2013

On the corner of 4th and Jerry in Castle Rock, Angie's always seems to be busy and bustling. The food is tasty and the portions are large. Angie's serves a choice of Italian or Mexican menus, a combination I haven't seen anywhere else. Of the 2, I think the Mexican menu is tastier, but it is a tough call. The wait staff has always been top notch. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank LawrenceHDenver