“Augustine Grill, Castle Rock, Co”
Review of Augustine Grill

Augustine Grill
Ranked #6 of 158 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Price range: US$9 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Augustine Grill is set in an old 1902 Victorian home with a larger addition that continues the feel. Comfortable, elegant and cozy, the European setting lends itself to romantic dinners, intimate weddings & events. A fireplace, classical guitarist(weekends), fresh, local & classic cuisine with some eclectic twists and superb wine list make for a special evening with guests, friends & family. The outdoor patio flush with flowers, shade trees and water features allows one to enjoy our great Colorado weather in warmer months. Weekend evenings with Sal Mancini and his beautiful guitar & vocals amongst lit up trees and lanterns dotting the gardens make for some memorable dining experiences. Our historical marker located on our front porch can fill in the details of the Augustine Grill's historical past in Castle Rock.Come in, take a look around and book your reservation for your special event, dinner or lunch!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What an amazing find. Friends of our family suggested we try Augustine Grill. After a long, cool, rainy Memorial Day weekend we drove from Denver to Castle Rock with 6:00 PM, Tuesday evening reservations. We drove up to a quaint house and garden restaurant and began a wonderful evening. We began inside but asked if the outside seating was open. The hostess explained this was their first night to reopen the patio but, if we walked around back, someone would meet us and seat us. We walked through a beautifully landscaped patio and into a garden world of delight. The back patio dining area is beautiful and peaceful. We were given a corner table by lush gardens. The food almost wouldn't have mattered. A very nice waitress came to introduce herself and took a drink order. The drinks were as ordered and one of us had ordered a lemon drop martini and it was prepared beautifully and was delicious. We started with a shared antipasto plate which was beautiful and delicious. A very nice selection of deli meats, cheeses, olives, peppers, asparagus and more with a wonderful balsamic reduction. One couple shared lamb...which was perfectly prepared and split and served in a perfect, shared order. Another had scallops...delicious. And I had Steak Au Pouive (sp) which was absolutely met-in-your-mouth delicious. The accompaniments were equally delicious and prepared beautifully. We all shared two orders of Creme Brûlée for dessert...which was absolutely perfect. While we dined, there was a single entertainer playing guitar and singing a bit of New Orleans style blues. He was very good.
A wonderful dining experience.

fairone11, Owner at Augustine Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your dinner experience with us! You just happened upon a night when a drop-in New Orleans style jazz & blues singer asked if he could do a complimentary set at the restaurant for some friends. Being music lovers, we were thrilled to have him play and I think the other guests on the patio enjoyed his debut also! Maybe he'll drop by again.....his music was great. As for the patio, it is a great surprise for those who haven't dined al fresco with us before. Thank you for all your complimentary comments on the food as well. We try very hard to make dining at the Augustine Grill a special and memorable event. We look forward to having you dine with us again soon. Anna

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was taken here by my sister for lunch. We were ushered in to the main dining area. The setting is quite delightful. We also were offered a table outside but, as it was windy, chose inside, I had a delicious turkey/avocado sandwich with potato salad, and my sister had half a sandwich with tomato basil soup. She declared hers VERY good. Our waiter was helpful and our lunch was delivered very quickly. I would like to come back for dinner. This is an excellent stop for visitors who are in Castle Rock.

fairone11, Owner at Augustine Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed your lunch with us. Even though the inside dining room is cozy, I hope you have the opportunity the next time you visit us to sit in the garden. It is so beautiful this time of year. We also have some seasonal specials in addition to our regular lunch menu. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Some friends suggested we visit the Augustine Grill for our 25th wedding anniversary.

We were not disappointed, the server, Blake, was phenomenal.

The food was wonderful and the prices were fair.

The best calamari I have ever had, prepared perfectly I cut it with my fork.

Thank you for your kind review. I have to agree with you on all your comments as well. Blake exceeds all service expectations because he genuinely cares about his guests. Our calamari is one of my favorites too and I've lived by a lot of sea ports! I hope you'll join us again soon and enjoy our outdoor patio garden as well as our classical guitarist on weekends. It makes for a memorable evening!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was our first visit and is hands down one of the best dining experiences we've ever had! There are several complaints as to the "timeliness of the staff" however the staff was perfect! Not excessively attentive and very informed about the menu and ingredients. The food...fabulous! We ordered the calamari to start things off. Perfectly cooked with a little spice...if you're looking for small calamari rings and lots of tentacles, you'll be disappointed because you get so much more than that! As for the scallops and salmon, delicious! We love risotto and were very pleased with this side. Topping our meal off with the butterscotch bread pudding and coffee was the perfect end to our evening. Definitely wil be returning again soon!

Wow.....thank you on all fronts of your review. Timing is always a challenge, as some or our guests are here for the evening and want to relax and go slow, whereas others want to hurry up and eat. We hope that guests will always let us know the pace they would like, so that we may accommodate them. I hope we continue to be one of your favorite spots in Castle Rock. Say hello next time you're in....we'd love to meet you.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped for a late lunch on a whim and were pleasantly surprised at the good food, decor and service. The restaurant is a renovated historic house with displays of lovely watercolor paintings (which are for sale). I had a Caesar salad with chicken - the best I've had in ages and my husband had fish and chips. His chips - fries - were seasoned, light and delicious. Service was excellent and prices on par for the food. We are definitely going back!

Thank you for your review. It's nice to hear when guests enjoy their time spent with us. I hope you'll return for dinner sometime and enjoy our outdoor patio and guitarist.