“Awesome time- better than what you pay for”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Castle Rock
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Castle Rock
“Awesome time- better than what you pay for”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after a long, exhausting race and it was everything we hoped it would be. Comfy beds, a clean room, cool decor... It was great. And all for so cheap! I've stayed in outdated Super 8s for the same price. Nice job, La Quinta... You're the bomb :)

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank jjneek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 September 2013

What a lucky find this hotel was. I found myself at my reserved hotel in western Nebraska earlier than I thought I'd be and didn't really want to stop for the night, so I cancelled that room and took a shot that I'd find a room west of there. Well, so much for that theory. By the time I was getting close to Denver I found out that because of the recent flooding almost every hotel, literally, within 20 miles of Denver was booked solid! This La Quinta, about 25-30 miles south of Denver, had ONE room left when I called! The woman at the front desk was so nice it's ridiculous. She really had the gift of working with people.

The room itself was freshly remodeled, but I really wish they would have added a few dollars worth of door gasket material and maybe spent some time adjusting the door closers; they really, REALLY SLAMMED here. Wow. Any time you can see light around the door you know you're in trouble, hallway-noise-wise. The room worked great though with a nice bed, great TV and a nicely remodeled bathroom. The tub was one of the slipperiest that I've taken a shower in, so watch yourself, and your kids and/or older travel guests. They really need to add some sort of coating to these tubs and add a grab bar, or two. It also had the thinnest towels I remember in quite a while in a hotel room. But, again, I was only there one night so it worked ok for me.

The breakfast had my preferred choice of protein, hard boiled eggs, which was super nice. One odd thing, or, I found it to be odd, was that I looked for several minutes for packets of oatmeal. I'm not sure if I've been in a hotel in the last 2-3 years that didn't have at least packets of oatmeal. I finally found oatmeal in one of the cereal containers. But, after adding hot water to it, I realized that it wasn't instant oatmeal! It didn't do anything, just soaked in the water and never because edible. I'm not sure what happened there, but I managed on two hard boiled eggs until I could find a spot down the road for something more to eat.

It's a nice hotel and just like most hotels there are a few little things to work out, which I'm sure they will. I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: I never, ever, stay on the first floor because I don't like noise in rooms above me. But, in th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
regina
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We spent 3 nights in La Quinta Castle Rock this month and we were very pleased with our room...it was a king suite and it was larger than normal..modern furniture...comfortable bed...and we enjoyed the pool... the hotel was clean and the rates were good. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: the king room is very spacious
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Asked for a quite room and got one. Modern with friendly staff. Very comfortable and clean, but was disappointed in breakfast.
Normal fare with cereal, pancake machine, etc. but no cooked eggs, sausage or bacon! Probably would eat out somewhere for breakfast had we been staying more than one night.
Near an outlet mall for shopping.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Castle Rock, CO
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was my first experience at La Quinta, and it was fabulous. The staff could not be more helpful. The room was very clean, which is paramount for me. I was in my room on a Sunday afternoon, and I could actually hear the housekeeping staff scrubbing the shower next door. I was very impressed! The breakfast isn't great, but it's fine for a quick bite. If you're in the area on vacation, you should be going out to eat anyway. I'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room near the ice machine. The rooms have refrigerators. What the heck are people...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Overall a good place to stay. Energetic staff. Rooms clean. Decent breakfast. Good mattresses. Only negatives: did not have the Golf Channel (tennis yes, golf no) and we were there for the Solheim Cup!! Lesson learned. The AC was LOUD--sounded like a freight train when it kicked in and rumbled while cooling.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Booked this location months in advance of event and rates were reasonable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and fridge, microwave, air cond and bathroom was in very good working order. Plenty of GOOD coffee!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

#2 of 7 in Castle Rock
Days Inn & Suites Castle Rock
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Castle Rock
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Castle Rock? Share your experiences!