“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Castle Rock
McKinney, Texas, United States
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Very nice. Completely updated. Excellent breakfast, too! Location was easy to get to. Close to downtown Castle Rock and restaurants. We will definitely stay here again. With family in Castle Rock, it was a very nice place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
La Veta, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have stayed at other La Quinta hotels several times over many years.
This one was leaps and bounds better than previous experiences, clean and
friendly was the order of the day, every time we went through the lobby someone
was cleaning something, breakfast area, vending machines, floors, furniture, you name it
it was getting cleaned! Our room was no different, CLEAN! Our great friend and companion Phoebee the dog was welcomed and stayed for free, quite a difference from some hotels that charge $75.00 for your pet. Would and will stay again, close to the interstate and several good restaurants, the only negative was the tooooo soft pillows, I prefer firmer but no biggie.

Room Tip: If you travel with a pet, ask for a room on the ground level, we did and got it
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom G
Winnipeg, Mb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

All areas of this La Quinta have been recently renovated in a clean, modern style. The check-in staff were extremely friendly and helpful (Ashley & Sara). The bed was very comfortable and the location of the hotel was convenient but quiet, allowing a good night's sleep after a long day of travel. The breakfast offered was very good and the area it was served in was so very clean. There is a good choice of restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. There is also a good variety of shopping within 5 miles. We were pleased to have a nice, economical hotel that allowed our dog to stay with us. This La Quinta is highly recommended and very good value. Booked on LQ.com and got a reasonable rate.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
OTTAWA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Excellent Service
Very nice decor
Clean clean clean
right next to I25
Our crew had a delicate over midnight job operation and it was a pleasure
to stay in a comfortable hotel even if the job was only some 3-4 hours.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the second and third floor at the back facing te church building that are super q...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel Oct 11-12 while in town for a family wedding. Very clean, very nice rooms and friendly, helpful staff. Definitely a would stay here again. Hotel is convenient to restaurants and the outlet stores. Highly recommend this hotel if you are in Castle Rock.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cjo0706
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after a long, exhausting race and it was everything we hoped it would be. Comfy beds, a clean room, cool decor... It was great. And all for so cheap! I've stayed in outdated Super 8s for the same price. Nice job, La Quinta... You're the bomb :)

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank jjneek
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

What a lucky find this hotel was. I found myself at my reserved hotel in western Nebraska earlier than I thought I'd be and didn't really want to stop for the night, so I cancelled that room and took a shot that I'd find a room west of there. Well, so much for that theory. By the time I was getting close to Denver I found out that because of the recent flooding almost every hotel, literally, within 20 miles of Denver was booked solid! This La Quinta, about 25-30 miles south of Denver, had ONE room left when I called! The woman at the front desk was so nice it's ridiculous. She really had the gift of working with people.

The room itself was freshly remodeled, but I really wish they would have added a few dollars worth of door gasket material and maybe spent some time adjusting the door closers; they really, REALLY SLAMMED here. Wow. Any time you can see light around the door you know you're in trouble, hallway-noise-wise. The room worked great though with a nice bed, great TV and a nicely remodeled bathroom. The tub was one of the slipperiest that I've taken a shower in, so watch yourself, and your kids and/or older travel guests. They really need to add some sort of coating to these tubs and add a grab bar, or two. It also had the thinnest towels I remember in quite a while in a hotel room. But, again, I was only there one night so it worked ok for me.

The breakfast had my preferred choice of protein, hard boiled eggs, which was super nice. One odd thing, or, I found it to be odd, was that I looked for several minutes for packets of oatmeal. I'm not sure if I've been in a hotel in the last 2-3 years that didn't have at least packets of oatmeal. I finally found oatmeal in one of the cereal containers. But, after adding hot water to it, I realized that it wasn't instant oatmeal! It didn't do anything, just soaked in the water and never because edible. I'm not sure what happened there, but I managed on two hard boiled eggs until I could find a spot down the road for something more to eat.

It's a nice hotel and just like most hotels there are a few little things to work out, which I'm sure they will. I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: I never, ever, stay on the first floor because I don't like noise in rooms above me. But, in th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Comfort Suites Castle Rock
#5 of 7 in Castle Rock
Days Inn & Suites Castle Rock
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Castle Rock? Share your experiences!