“Old west feel”

Ranked #7 of 145 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Old west feel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is known for its fried chicken which is absolutely delicious. I love the "old West" atmosphere.

• Visited December 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Fried Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Went here for dinner on the last night of our trip to Colorado. 3 of the 5 in our group ordered the Fried Chicken. Came with veggies, mashed potatoes, and gravy. The food arrived family style. The fried chicken piled on a dish and the sides served in bowls. Help yourself! The fried chicken was tasty, juicy & not greasy. Very good food!

Seems like a popular place and by the time we left, the place was packed. Will definitely go again on our next trip!

• Visited April 2014
Castle Rock, Colorado
“World class pan fried Chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have always gone to the Castle Cafe for the pan fried chicken, which includes all you can eat potatoes and gravy, veggies and biscuits. The wait is a little long, as noted on the menu, so order as soon as you can. Others in our parties have ordered other entries and said that they where very good. Good friendly service.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Richard S
Castle Pines, Colorado
“Go for the fried chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great local place, Restaurant is in an old historic on the main street in Castle Rock. Loads for charm. I love going Sunday evening for fried chicken.

• Visited June 2013
Larkspur, Colorado
“Not Good for Lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

So they only serve their pan fried chicken at dinner. I have been here several times for lunch and been less than impressed. Today we had the chicken fried chicken which is about the thickness of two quarters. The gravy has an OK flavor but is too thin. Mashed potatoes are fresh but have no seasoning whatsoever, not even any salt. And the "vegetable" that they served on the side was a medley of frozen corn green peas and green beans. Yuck! Oh, and by the way corn is a grain not a vegetable. We had the blueberry cobbler which had once again had no flavor at all. The texture and the tastelessness of the blueberries tells me they were frozen. It didn't even taste like it had any sugar in it at all & the berries were rubbery & tasteless. The cobbler cake was completely tasteless as well. I am from the South originally and from a long line of cooks that really know how to cook & make fried chicken and cobbler (me included). Based on what I've had for lunch I would not be inclined to come back for dinner unless they have a completely different cook. I make a killer blueberry cobbler so I know a bad cobbler when I eat one. It's really a shame that they serve a lot of frozen items here. I know the enchiladas are also frozen because we asked to have them without cheese and they told us they come frozen like that with the cheese in them already. Blech! Oh & cobbler was $7 & CFC $11.50.