“The Chile Rellenos were fabulous!”

Pegasus On Plum Creek
Ranked #14 of 145 Restaurants in Castle Rock
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Greek
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Colorado
“The Chile Rellenos were fabulous!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

We were driving from Denver home to Pueblo and stopped to meet friends in Castle Rock. They had suggested Pegasus on Plum Creek. Being the A-type personality that I am, I went to the internet to look at their menu and get driving directions. I was directed to a youtube video of their chef making chile rellenos with eggroll wrappers. They looked delicious, smothered in green chile. You can imagine my disappointment to find out that the rellenos are not served on Sunday. After expressing my disappointment and telling the waitress about the youtube video, she told me she would go back to the kitchen to see if they would make some especially for me - they did - yippee!!! They were delicious!

The chile rellenos come a la carte, so you just order them individually, in pairs, etc. I ordered two and one would have sufficed - they were medium in size, but perfectly spiced, on a plate of lettuce and tomatoes. (I took the second one home for tomorrow's lunch). The restaurant was exceptionally crowded at 10:00 A.M. and we were lucky to have gotten a table. Many people were dining out on their patio, as the weather was beautiful today (in the 80's).

The others with us ate the more traditional pancakes an eggs and everyone really enjoyed their brunch. The atmosphere in the restaurant is very warm and friendly. The coffee and juice that accompanied our brunch was good and the restaurant was clean and inviting. We have just added a new item to our little black book of places to eat.

2 Thank gigdeb

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Interesting mix on the menu at reasonable prices. There are better places in town.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2008

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Castle Rock
“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2008

We have lived in Castle Rock for almost 2 years and have just recently tried Pegasus! What a great find! The food was tremendous and was the service. Everything we had, we loved! The atmosphere is great, the servers make you feel right at home. The reviews on the chili rellenos were right on, the food here was much better that most of the Mexican restaurants in town. We can't wait to go back and try the Greek and American dishes.

2 Thank are2597
Lone Tree, Colorado
“Great locally owned and operated restaurant-- full of character”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2007

Pegasus is a must go local eatery! It has been a Castle Rock tradition for years. It is housed in a stucco styled building tucked right behind the City and County building. It has great ambiance for weekend brunch, lunch or dinner with friends. In the summer the patio is wonderful -- it has a shaded little spot with pine trees and fountains! Pegasus' menu is unique having great Mexican, American and Greek food!!! My husband loves the burgers and I enjoy the Greek platter and Greek Salad. The brunch on Sunday is always fresh (try the huevo rancheros or fluffy pancakes) and is served in a casual relaxed atmosphere. If you are tired of chains and want to visit a place that gives you real local Castle Rock flavor try Pegasus for lunch!

5 Thank Castlerockmom