“Great Casino !”

Century Casino Central City
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Central City
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband decided to try the Century Casino yesterday on a whim. What a great idea it was indeed!! We won and won and won. Very pleased with the outcome of the few $20s we dropped into the machines ;) and walked out with a few $100s. Liked the atmosphere in the casino, the drinks were generous and probably helped me spend more cash, and we make it a point to gamble ONLY in smoke-free casinos. This facility had clean air! We had a nice afternoon and will go back again. The only down-ish side was the MetroCity Grill Restaurant. My husband had their prime rib special and felt it was good and a good value. I was less excited by my lunch and won't choose that restaurant without pursuasion.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PamLindenthal

Reviewed 24 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Century Hotel based on positive TripAdvisor comments, and we were not disappointed. Our room (#222) was clean, modern and spacious. The restaurant was fine, even though it would have been nice to have cereal selections other than Raisin Bran or Froot Loops for breakfast! (Maybe most guests don't order cereal.) Our waitress at breakfast went out of her way to answer our questions about the area. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank GeorgiaGail
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This is the best place in the CO gambling towns. Great microbrews on tap flowing for free, good staff and atmosphere. And for whatever reason, I tend to win here more than any other place in Central City/Blackhawk. The prime rib is outstanding as well. The hotel fills early, so if planning to stay there, book well in advance.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kickbass
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We booked at this hotel because of the positive reviews and descriptions of the rooms and casino. We found the casino a fun place with good atmosphere and not smoky. The staff was friendly as well as the players. We stayed a Saturday night and found the Prime Rib special was excellent for the $7.99 price with the Players Card. We also had the breakfast...it too was very good. A small breakfast comes with the room price but we choose to add a little more from the menu.

The room itself was not a disappointment...it is as described by previous reviewers. Remember in Central City most of the buildings are "old" and have been remodeled inside. The hotel is on the floor above the casino. Check-in is in the corner next to the players club. Access is a elevator that goes down to the restaurant or up to the hotel rooms. The elevator will not go to the hotel room unless you swipe your room key...nice touch. The room is spacious and the beds were comfortable. Our room was above the parking lot and the noise was really not a problem...even with the window open. The room has a lot of "little" touches that I liked...a soap dish...I hate having to put the bar soap on the granite and stone counters. The gambling was fun...my husband was only down $10 after many hours of play...but I left them enough to make small profit from out stay. We would have enjoyed wondering around to some of the other casino's but we are flat lander's and this town is as 8200'.

The staff on checking in and out was great...remember they only have 26 rooms and the players club personal do double duty. The final touch was the cleaning gal...she wore a maids uniform...now that was class!

I rated this hotel a 3 on value since it was $159...but remember it was Saturday night...we did not have a players card with points when we checked in and it was still lower in price than most other hotels in Black Hawk...these two cities are an hour outside of Denver also providing them with a large base to allow the higher prices.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Retired12-31-06
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We were in Central City for the opera festival and not to gamble. This hotel is perfect for our needs. The room is clean and comfortable, large bathroom, desk, and easy chair. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel restaurant is inexpensive and the food is good. A daily hot breakfast is included. Because it is a casino, you can get a free drink anytime. I like the location right in the middle of town; an easy walk to the opera house and almost everywhere else.

Room Tip: If you want to stay here on the weekend, book early. Opera attendees get a discount.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank merlinslap
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Best place in Black Hawk. Loose slots, excellent service, and great food.

• Stayed: January 2010
3  Thank vegas_aadam
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I submitted Century Casino to TripAdvisor as a hotel in Central City because I wanted to review it and let other people know about it! The hotel is small (26 rooms) but each room is clean, furnished nicely, has in-room coffee, a safe and comfy beds (no fridge or mini bar). I poked my head into the suites while they were cleaning and they looked really nice too.

Even though the hotel is small, I was able to get a room here at the last minute (on a Sat.!) and they gave me a great rate for having a Player's Card. Plus, your stay comes with breakfast (small, but filling). The only thing I would caution others about is the noise that happens on one side of the hotel. There are dumpsters there and both times I awoke to trash trucks at the crack of dawn. The person at the front desk said to ask for a lower-numbered room on the side of the hotel that faces the highway that runs from Blackhawk to Central City. Ask to NOT be facing Dostal Alley Casino. That's the loud side!

I was really happy that during the last minute stay the front desk gave me a little bag with a toothbrush/paste/razor, etc.

The food is great at the restaurant and they have room service until 11:00pm. Their prime rib special for 5.99 (w/ player's card) is the best. I haven't eaten at their cafe but a nice plus is the free popcorn and drinks they offer in the front of the casino (facing Bonanza). I always play video poker at the upstairs bar so I never have a problem getting a drink from the friendly bartenders who work there. Central City is more walkable, the casinos are small and the staff/bartenders are friendlier to us than in Blackhawk so Century is a great place for us to stay when we get the gambling bug.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
The Vintage Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Eldora Lodge
Eldora Lodge
#3 of 18 in Golden

Been to Century Casino Central City? Share your experiences!