“Excellent experience, great surroundings”

Century Hotel and Casino
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Central City
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent experience, great surroundings”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We spent three nights in the Century Casino and Hotel high up in Central City, CO. Our room was sparkling clean and quiet, though it faced partly onto a busy street. The "perks" we got as Seniors were a pleasant surprise, and the food in their little restaurant downstairs was reasonable and good. Personnel were friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms weren't cheap, but the rates, if I recall right, did vary with the day of the week.The city itself isn't very big, but still the hotel is located in a handy spot, facing Main Street and within 2 blocks of most of the attractions there.

Room Tip: Rooms are handly to the casino. This, again, is not a very big place, either the town or the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Ierelover

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I’ve only been to this Casino a few times. I play video poker. There are not much video poker selections at this casino, but the atmosphere and people that work there seem to be hungry to please because they really need the business. Parking here is easy. When I applied for my players club they comped me a meal at a restaurant down the street. I had fish and chips and it was really good especially for free. I’ll probably check them out again and see what their video poker is like now.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Nefesh B
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 22 July 2012

If you're in Central City for the unexpected delights of the world-class opera there, your lodging choices are limited to a couple of small B & Bs or one of the big casinos that are the primary life-blood of this historic mining boomtown. We chose the Century based on reviews here on TripAdvisor. A few comments to supplement those already well-stated here. The reservation and check-in process is indeed a little off-putting. You can only make reservations by phone and you WILL be put on hold! You'll recognize why when you check in: the staff has their hands full with gaming. Like the previous reviewer, the staff member on the phone was a little on the casual unprofessional side, but being from the mountain west, I recognized it and grin and bore it ;-) You cannot check in before 4pm, which is a bit of a pain if you arrive mid-day for a matinee and want to change or freshen up. You will be required to get a casino players club card--which is not terribly onerous and they did give me a few free spins on the big slot behind the desk because I was new and because it was my birthday. Once you make it through all that, you'll be pleased. The parking is excellent--very important in this crammed, busy little town. The rooms are very good, with good insulation from the gaming noise. Our room was on the north side, over the street and the relatively frequent tour busses making the climb outside, one floor down, are an initial annoyance; but not too bad. We ate at the Rouge for lunch and dinner; we only had breakfast at the hotel and it was OK. I'll stay here on future trips to the opera.

Room Tip: Avoid street rooms if you're sensitive to street sounds.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Mark C
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

Easy parking. Casino is almost all video and slot machines. There is one room with one craps table, three blackjack tables, and three other game tables. $3 minimum bets. Blackjack only got paid 3 to 2, and no surrender bets. I got a player's card , but got no points for four hours of play with $10 blackjack bets and $20 craps bets. Dealers were fun. There were only two players on the craps table, and three on the blackjack table. I will try the Ameristar next time, and hope for full tables. With sparse tables, the money can be lost too fast. I liked the restaurant

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank BeachBoys1966
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I called to make a reservation and the woman on the phone was the most most rude person I have ever dealt with. I deal with alot of people in my field of work but this lady was the worst by far and very unprofessional. Not a real smart move on this lady to get business in this economy. I wouldn't even make a reservation because of her and got a room elsewhere. First impressions mean alot.

Room Tip: Try another hotel!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Luvtotravel228
Akron, Colorado
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband decided to try the Century Casino yesterday on a whim. What a great idea it was indeed!! We won and won and won. Very pleased with the outcome of the few $20s we dropped into the machines ;) and walked out with a few $100s. Liked the atmosphere in the casino, the drinks were generous and probably helped me spend more cash, and we make it a point to gamble ONLY in smoke-free casinos. This facility had clean air! We had a nice afternoon and will go back again. The only down-ish side was the MetroCity Grill Restaurant. My husband had their prime rib special and felt it was good and a good value. I was less excited by my lunch and won't choose that restaurant without pursuasion.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank PamLindenthal
Nashville
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Century Hotel based on positive TripAdvisor comments, and we were not disappointed. Our room (#222) was clean, modern and spacious. The restaurant was fine, even though it would have been nice to have cereal selections other than Raisin Bran or Froot Loops for breakfast! (Maybe most guests don't order cereal.) Our waitress at breakfast went out of her way to answer our questions about the area. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
Nicki Lee Mansion
Nicki Lee Mansion
#2 of 2 in Central City

Been to Century Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!