“Bad Customer Service”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Central City
Denver, Colorado
“Bad Customer Service”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I just called to inquire about making a reservation and the lady (Katie) was so RUDE. Maybe they should take a closer look at the people they have on their front line. I would never stay here based on this bad first impression.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank calebous

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It was our first time to Central City, we normally go to Black Hawk but decided to try something different for our anniversary! We went to the table room at Century Casino and met Randy the floor supervisor and he is the absolute best guy! Super friendly and was very helpful! He was able to refer us to Nikki, the hostess who was also amazing, who was also able to help us book a last minute room! Shawna, one of the dealers, was friendly and fun! Win or lose, we were having a good time with her! Every one was a joy at century! We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 777melanies
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This place has more pros than cons for me. The wife and I stayed last Friday night. First off the rooms are neat, clean and comfortable and met all my requirements. I’m a pretty picky guy. Were they worth $180 bucks for a weekend stay, NO. It’s not the Bellagio. But they are pretty much the only thing in Central City with only 25 rooms. The rooms were surprisingly quiet as well. You kind of have to remember, this is a casino with a little hotel attached and not their primary business. I liked it better than The Reserve but nothing beats Ameristar.
The Casino- Great for me because I like $3 dollar Blackjack and Craps and they are not crowded. This is more of a place for middle aged dudes like me (49) as opposed to Ameristar for the younger crowd.
Mid-City Grill- I give this place about a 6 out of 10. You cannot beat the $5.99 Prime Rib. It’s actually very good. Watched them make a few sandwiches at the snack bar and they looked pretty healthy sized for the price.
Overall- Good place for a quick getaway with the wife.

Room Tip: No pool, no hot tub, no fitness center.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LLind90157
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The casino hasn't changed in years. Very poor/limited video poker. They also have a very limited table game section. They have a large variety of slot machines. They really need more variety and more video poker machines as it's hard to get on them some times. They need Wheel Poker and Wheel Poker Deluxe, Dream Card, Good Times Pay as Ultimate X is streaky and Super Times is OLD!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LoViePoPPie
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We spent three nights in the Century Casino and Hotel high up in Central City, CO. Our room was sparkling clean and quiet, though it faced partly onto a busy street. The "perks" we got as Seniors were a pleasant surprise, and the food in their little restaurant downstairs was reasonable and good. Personnel were friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms weren't cheap, but the rates, if I recall right, did vary with the day of the week.The city itself isn't very big, but still the hotel is located in a handy spot, facing Main Street and within 2 blocks of most of the attractions there.

Room Tip: Rooms are handly to the casino. This, again, is not a very big place, either the town or the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Ierelover
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I’ve only been to this Casino a few times. I play video poker. There are not much video poker selections at this casino, but the atmosphere and people that work there seem to be hungry to please because they really need the business. Parking here is easy. When I applied for my players club they comped me a meal at a restaurant down the street. I had fish and chips and it was really good especially for free. I’ll probably check them out again and see what their video poker is like now.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Nefesh B
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 22 July 2012

If you're in Central City for the unexpected delights of the world-class opera there, your lodging choices are limited to a couple of small B & Bs or one of the big casinos that are the primary life-blood of this historic mining boomtown. We chose the Century based on reviews here on TripAdvisor. A few comments to supplement those already well-stated here. The reservation and check-in process is indeed a little off-putting. You can only make reservations by phone and you WILL be put on hold! You'll recognize why when you check in: the staff has their hands full with gaming. Like the previous reviewer, the staff member on the phone was a little on the casual unprofessional side, but being from the mountain west, I recognized it and grin and bore it ;-) You cannot check in before 4pm, which is a bit of a pain if you arrive mid-day for a matinee and want to change or freshen up. You will be required to get a casino players club card--which is not terribly onerous and they did give me a few free spins on the big slot behind the desk because I was new and because it was my birthday. Once you make it through all that, you'll be pleased. The parking is excellent--very important in this crammed, busy little town. The rooms are very good, with good insulation from the gaming noise. Our room was on the north side, over the street and the relatively frequent tour busses making the climb outside, one floor down, are an initial annoyance; but not too bad. We ate at the Rouge for lunch and dinner; we only had breakfast at the hotel and it was OK. I'll stay here on future trips to the opera.

Room Tip: Avoid street rooms if you're sensitive to street sounds.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Isle Casino Hotel Black Hawk
Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk
Nicki Lee Mansion

Been to Century Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!