“Interesting taste of old times”

Gold Coin Saloon and Millie's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Central City
Cuisines: American
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Interesting taste of old times”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Service was slow, food was mediocre. The best part of this restaurant was the old-time atmosphere and decor. I ordered their homemade chicken soup and bread and didn't care for either. The waitress was kind enough to take the charge off the bill.

• Visited November 2012

Dacono, Colorado
“Really really like mom used to make.”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

By the second day of our stay on black hawk and central city we were tired, and hungry and craving peace. Finding it in a restaurant named after a famous madame and decorated like a Brothel was quite a surprise. The Goulash Stew was exactly my mom's "slumgullion" the waitress was amazing, our food arrived very quickly, and we really relaxed and enjoyed our lunch.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Amy B
Savannah, GA
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

There don't seem to be many places to eat in Central City and Millie's looked most appealing to my wife and me. She had a turkey burger with sweet potato fries and I had a chicken fried steak plate and we thought both were good and reasonably priced. It was about 2:15 or 2:30 PM and I particularly appreciated the relatively quiet atmosphere including music that wasn't too loud, and my guess is the place wouldn't be particularly loud during peak dining times. We will eat at Millie's again if back in Central City and I think you will find it a nice dining experience and that you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank elsiefromga
San Diego, California, United States
“Half the meal was OK”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My wife an I had dinner there tonight. We both had T bone steak specials. The steaks were good. Although my wife's was ordered medium and it was rare. My salad was average. My baked potato was cold. The vegetables were inedible. Roll was passable. Loud music. Ambiance was good.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Bob N
Queen Creek, Arizona
“This restaurant is upstairs from the Easy Street Casino”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We ate at this restaurant, prior to attending a performance at the Central City Opera. It was very good! The wait staff were very friendly, our meals were served promptly and the prices were extremely reasonable. We were in a party of 4; two of us ordered salads and the other 2 ordered the buffalo burgers. Nobody was disappointed. Most of the items are under $11. The portions are generous. There is a nice variety of food available, too - anything from sandwiches to full meals (like chicken fried steak with all the fixings). This restaurant is upstairs from the Easy Street Casino. There are slot machines on this floor, so you do hear that noise a little bit; but the restaurant is secluded so there are not slot machines in that area.

• Visited July 2012