“Very Good Breakfast.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brenham, Tx
“Very Good Breakfast.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

We stopped here looking for breakfast and were pleasantly surprised by Millie's. My wife and I shared one of the specials and they split it onto two plates at no extra charge. It would have been way too much for one person. The flapjacks were awesome. The eggs cooked as ordered and the service was good. The place could use a little freshening up, but is supposed to look like an old hotel, but the decorations were pretty bad.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Interesting taste of old times”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Service was slow, food was mediocre. The best part of this restaurant was the old-time atmosphere and decor. I ordered their homemade chicken soup and bread and didn't care for either. The waitress was kind enough to take the charge off the bill.

• Visited November 2012
Dacono, Colorado
“Really really like mom used to make.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

By the second day of our stay on black hawk and central city we were tired, and hungry and craving peace. Finding it in a restaurant named after a famous madame and decorated like a Brothel was quite a surprise. The Goulash Stew was exactly my mom's "slumgullion" the waitress was amazing, our food arrived very quickly, and we really relaxed and enjoyed our lunch.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Amy B
Savannah, GA
“Nice Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

There don't seem to be many places to eat in Central City and Millie's looked most appealing to my wife and me. She had a turkey burger with sweet potato fries and I had a chicken fried steak plate and we thought both were good and reasonably priced. It was about 2:15 or 2:30 PM and I particularly appreciated the relatively quiet atmosphere including music that wasn't too loud, and my guess is the place wouldn't be particularly loud during peak dining times. We will eat at Millie's again if back in Central City and I think you will find it a nice dining experience and that you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank elsiefromga
San Diego, California, United States
“Half the meal was OK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

My wife an I had dinner there tonight. We both had T bone steak specials. The steaks were good. Although my wife's was ordered medium and it was rare. My salad was average. My baked potato was cold. The vegetables were inedible. Roll was passable. Loud music. Ambiance was good.

• Visited August 2012