“great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Central City
Grand Cayman
“great hotel”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We always stay at the Reserve. It used to be Fortune Valley and Harvey's before that. Consistently a great destination to stay, dine and gamble. Walking distance to all Central City attractions including the Opera.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Parker
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Aside from the long walk from the elevator to the room, it was terrfic! We love the Reserve! Good food and fun games. We had a great 50th Anniversary....the Ice Cream & Brownie desert was unbelievable. Thank you!

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I will say I was impressed when walking in. The building on the outside doesn't look like much but the interior is very nice and modern. My first "complaint" was the wait time to check in. There were 2 people in front of us with one clerk. I stood there for 20 minutes waiting. The worst part was we had intended to valet park but instead of a valet there was a sign directing anyone wanting valet service to ask the front desk. I'm not sure they understand the point of valet parking. Anyway, it was taking so long, I finally just told my husband to go move the car out of that area and go self park. He had time to do that and get back to me in line and it still wasn't our turn. We had upgraded to the "Deluxe" King room and were disappointed to find that the only thing this additional cost got us was a slightly larger floor space. Not even an additional chair. My suggestion is not to upgrade. The room furnishings are quite nice and the few extra feet doesn't accomplish anything tangible for a couple. The room was reasonably quiet (except for the drunken return of other guests from the casino at 2 am which was super loud but also expected if you choose to stay in a casino). The water pressure in the bathroom was excellent. The television, however left much to be desired. Granted I really didn't have much intention of watching TV, but the terrible reception made it close to impossible no matter what. The service in the casino and Guitar Bar was excellent. Servers and dealers were attentive and friendly. We ate at the Bistro and the food was wonderful although spendy. Particularly the croutons on the Caesar salad were delicious. We tried to no avail to get the chef's secret, lol. The next morning we ate breakfast at the café and the food was good, portions large and prices fantastic. My final complaint was when we tried to buy bottled water, we were informed they were out and had been out for a couple of days. I was kind of shocked to be honest. The tap water tasted terrible and to not have bottled water for customers to purchase is crazy. Overall, I would stay here again, but with some minor adjustments.

Burlington
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First time staying at the Reserve but will definitly stay there again. Rooms were great. The casino was one of the best in Central City and Black Hawk. We hope to come back a few more times before summer is over.

Scottsbluff
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room was excellent and clean! Quiet and comfortable. Food was good but could be better. We always stay here and will continue to do so. Love this place.The valet service could be better especially since my husband is disabled.

Denver
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Even though I lost at gambling, I had a great time. The room was the best I have seen ever in Central City or Blackhawk. Check in was fun because I got to talk to my friend Mary Kay. Absolutely loved all your people. Can,t wait to come back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The room rate was $38 cheaper than Ameristar. The room was fine, but small, and the bathroom was small. Parking was easy, and I could park right next to the elevator. There were only two blackjack tables open, and one craps table. The cocktail waitresses were slow making rounds.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Comfort Suites Golden West on Evergreen Parkway
Eldora Lodge
Eldora Lodge
#3 of 18 in Golden

Been to Reserve Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!