“Wonderful views”

Steamboat Lake Marina
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Clark
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Steamboat Lake Marina offers Pontoon Boat, Fishing Boats, Ski/Wakeboard Boat Rentals, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards. We also have the closest cabins to the lake! 10 cabins are open all year!
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We (2 people) stayed at cabin #3 and had nice view of Sand Mountain. Cabin was clean and bunks comfortable. We brought own bed linen, pillows and sleeping bags as blankets. Good cross breeze through the windows plus high ceilings with quiet ceiling fan kept the cabin cool. Coffee maker was missing and folks at the marina gave us a clean replacement. We rented a pontoon boat for a couple of hours and enjoyed lunch out in the middle of the lake with 360 views of mountains. Hike up to Hahn's peak well worth it. Adult children tent camped nearby and joined us at our cabin campground for dinners. Good option for larger groups.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our family visits Steamboat Lake regularly to take advantage of the glorious environment, fishing and boating. The cabins are functional and a nice option in the late spring, when the weather is often too inclement for comfortable tent camping.
We were disappointed in a few items that could easily be addressed: blinds and curtain rods were broken and poorly hung. The heater in one cabin was not easily controlled and offered only a very high setting. And the toilet paper in one of the bathrooms was not adequately supplied.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Good luck canceling in the the off season. I made reservations online in December for a trip in June. No problems booking and taking my money. When I had to cancel a couple of days later, I found the phone number was not being answered due to the marina being closed for the season. Emailing there is no one responsing. And, there is no other way to cancel. In the meantime, I am being charged interest on my credit card on a $500 purchase I cannot seem to get canceled until the season starts. Isn't that illegal in the FCC eyes? To top it off I will have to pay a $25 cancellation fee. But yet I have to pay interest while I wait for someone to call me back during the season? I feel cheated.

Karl B, Owner at Steamboat Lake Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

d k

Thanks for your feedback. You are correct the marina is closed during the winter, but we have an online booking system for our customer's convenience. There is an email link to direct any questions with bookings or to cancel on the email confirmation that you received after booking. The email link is also available on our website.
The cancellation fee is posted on the booking page and in our terms and conditions.

I would like to address the timing and your negative review. So according to my records here is a timeline of your transactions and communications:
you made your reservation on Friday 12/13 $444.80
the transaction was funded on Monday 12/16 5pm
I received your first email to cancel on Thursday 12/19 at 1:35pm
I responded to your first email on Thursday 12/19 at 4:19pm
your cabin reservation was cancelled and credit card was refunded Thursday 12/19 at 4:35pm. ($419.80)
You even responded back to me to say thanks.
And then you reviewed the marina with a negative review on 12/19

It is unfortunate that you felt so "cheated" but maybe you'll give us another chance in the future and
next time, maybe you'll allow someone the time to fix your problem before producing a negative review.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed one night, the last weekend of September. The changing of the leaves was simply beautiful, taking the ride from Denver. The cabin and accomodations were excellent and we cannot wait to visit again!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My children & I love to camp in Steamboat Lake State Park (SLSP). Decided to try a Sept. Fri/Sat cabin stay near the lake for $80+/night. Off-season check-in time isn't advertised anywhere - Ranger doesn't even know it. The Marina/Park was all but deserted when we arrived in the rain at 4:15. Could not reach anyone for cabin access & had to drive 25 miles to get a hotel. Owner returned call 24 hrs later & wouldn't issue refund - said it was my fault. I had to take responsibility for not trying to open the cabin door (where I would have found the keys on the refrigerator). Strange policy & seems fraught w/liability issues... To be fair, while the customer service wasn’t worth a single star, the cabin gets five stars. It was lots of fun, the heater kept us warm, the bunk beds were very comfortable, it was quiet, the guest house was near & clean, the views were spectacular, & sitting on the front porch w/a cup of coffee the next morning watching the sun come up over the lake was absolutely beautiful & serene. I recommend the cabins but hope to high heaven you don’t have a disagreement w/the owner. Call in advance & make sure you get access details.

Been to Steamboat Lake Marina? Share your experiences!