“Nice camp ground, but please keep it maintained.”

Steamboat Lake Marina
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Clark
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Steamboat Lake Marina offers Pontoon Boat, Fishing Boats, Ski/Wakeboard Boat Rentals, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards. We also have the closest cabins to the lake! 10 cabins are open all year!
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My friends and I, along with our families, made our annual trip to the camping cabins just last weekend. The weather was amazing, the hike to Hahn's Peak was fun, and our day on the lake with three pontoon boats and a speed boat was amazing. We can't wait for next year! My review is more of a request to please keep the cabins and bathhouse maintained for the future, as this place is too nice to get run down. While I realize this is a campground, there were a couple of things I needed to point out in terms of the accomodations. My family and I have stayed in cabin 4 for the last three years. Upon arriving the last two years, the refrigerator has been unreliable. This year it had defrosted and was dripping wet inside. Two of the three lightbulbs in the ceiling fan were not working. We told the office and two young gentleman came and fixed it. By the time we left, one lightbulb was out again. The throw rugs are long overdue for replacement. I kicked ours under the bunk and brought up a huge cloud of dust and dirt, which joined the large dust bunnies under the bed. I was later told by a young lady at the office that the first four cabins have large cracks in the floor which make them hard to sweep and keep clean. The bunks are comfortable, and at my age I am glad to have some ammenities and to not be sleeping in a tent on the ground. The bathrooms were being used by our large group, but still ran out of paper everyday, and definitely needed a wipe down every evening. Again, we love coming here, and my review is more of a request to keep up on these little things before they turn a lovely place into something less so.

1  Thank as1Colorado

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful time in the cabins and boating on the lake, plus hiking to Hahn's Peak. Great family vacation!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Incredibly gorgeous. Family friendly biking around the lake on the path, gorgeous flowers, deer, etc. and great fishing for the fishermen!

1  Thank SantaCruzBlurBabe
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I just got home today from 4 lovely days at Steamboat Lake. We held our family reunion there. Everyone had a wonderful time and was sad to have to leave.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We (2 people) stayed at cabin #3 and had nice view of Sand Mountain. Cabin was clean and bunks comfortable. We brought own bed linen, pillows and sleeping bags as blankets. Good cross breeze through the windows plus high ceilings with quiet ceiling fan kept the cabin cool. Coffee maker was missing and folks at the marina gave us a clean replacement. We rented a pontoon boat for a couple of hours and enjoyed lunch out in the middle of the lake with 360 views of mountains. Hike up to Hahn's peak well worth it. Adult children tent camped nearby and joined us at our cabin campground for dinners. Good option for larger groups.

Been to Steamboat Lake Marina? Share your experiences!