“Beautiful view!”

Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Ranked #3 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We spent 3 days at this hotel while attending the college graduation of our grandson over the past weekend, and we were happy with most everything......the location of the hotel is hard to beat; on a quiet residential street with exquisite views of the impressive rock formations in the nearby Garden of the Gods, very nice facilities, good food, friendly staff and well appointed rooms. I think the layout of the room and adjoining dressing area and bathroom, #231, is a great design for spaciousness and privacy. It's true that the furnishings are a bit dated but that was a minor issue. All that said, we enjoyed our stay and only have one small complaint.....the resort fee is objectionable in light of the price of our room, approximately $250 a night, and we never know exactly why some hotels insist on that additional charge. We appreciated the water but didn't get a newspaper delivered and we had to wait until late in the afternoon to have our room cleaned....seems like a silly expense. We will probably stay at the Lodge again if we ever make a return trip to the area because the good definitely outweighs the less than good! Nothing is perfect.

There are newer reviews for Garden of the Gods Club and Resort

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We loved our stay at the Lodge recently! They even upgraded us to their largest suite - WOW! Awesome views of the Kissing Camels and the Garden of the Gods park. Great service, staff, and food! Highly recommend it to everyone! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The suite is the way to go - awesome views and spacious/comfy!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We found ourselves in Colorado Springs due to my mom's eye surgery. There were complications and we had to stay three nights. We had adjoining rooms to help with mom's recovery. The hotel staff was awesome and accommodating. We used room service constantly and they were able to give us some special items to meet my mom's needs. Sitting by our fire at the end of the day enjoying a superb meal with a glass of wine and looking out over the incredible view made the next day easier to handle--even in the spring snowstorm. We will return under better circumstances to take full advantage of the resort and grounds.

Room Tip: The first level rooms have outside patios with easy access to the grounds.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place is just wonderful. Upon arrival we were impressed with the cleanliness of the grounds, and the interior of the lobby. The front desk clerk, Savannah, was very friendly and answered all of my usual touristy questions with a genuinely pleasant attitude. We found our room easily, and were in awe as we opened the door. The view hits You immediately. The lodge is directly across from the Garden of the Gods, and all the rooms have awesome views. The room itself is like the rest of the lodge, a little bit vintage, but VERY clean, large and well kept. We were very impressed with the cleanliness. (This does not happen often) We stayed for 1 night in room #210 with a fireplace and balcony. I wish we would have booked 2 nights. I am already planning on a trip back. If You get the chance to stay here, take it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Francesca K, Manager at Garden of the Gods Club and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and plan to visit us again. The Resort is undergoing renovations and the next phase will include our guest rooms. We assure you that the next time you visit, your room will look less "vintage" and more fresh and modern. We wish you the best in future travels and look very much to having you visit us again!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We just got back from a trip to Colorado Springs and we spent two of our nights at this lodge. I was so excited to stay here, and other than the view, it was a disappointment. This place is a strange paradox in that they are very formal in some areas (e.g. you can't wear jeans or shorts in the dining room), but the majority of the furniture in our room was similar to what was common in cheap hostels when I was in college (less than 10 years ago). The tile was cracked, furniture uncomfortable and very scratched up, stains on the linoleum, etc. Also, our coffee maker didn't work well at all (the top would flood without much coffee filtering through to the coffee pot). Finally, the only heat/AC was from a small wall unit that made sustaining a comfortable temperature extremely difficult. I was literally up of bed every 2-3 hours overnight to adjust it.

As far as amenities go the fitness room was small, but equipment seemed to work fine. During busier times, it might fill up too quickly to be consistently available though (there are only 3 treadmills). The pool was pleasant, but there are no towels available and it is located in front of business meetings rooms, which is just awkward as a swimmer (I don't think they have windows in the meetings rooms facing the pool, but it still felt like I was on display). They charge a "resort fee" which supposedly is for Wi-Fi, the pool, and a daily newspaper. I've already addressed the pool issues, but the newspaper proved to be a terrible idea. All of the rooms in our building have outdoor entrances, so both mornings I was there, I would walk out of my room at about 6:30 and newspapers would have blown all over the walkway, soaking wet, and looking extremely trashy.

Finally, they claim that children are always welcome, and we came with our toddler. I'd requested a crib when I made the reservation and it was not in our room upon arrival. When I called to request it, it took over an hour for them to deliver it, and it was so freezing cold, we couldn't put our son in it for a few hours, which delayed his bedtime (not fun!). Also, children under 18 are not allowed at the pool (there is a family pool, but it is only open Memorial Day to Labor Day). We'd hoped to try the restaurant and/or lounge, but were certain our child would not be welcome there (despite the fact that he is VERY well behaved and actually accompanied us to a lengthy dinner during this same trip with my husband's colleagues and did extremely well).

With the views, this place SHOULD be the best place to stay in Colorado Springs, but the rooms we stayed in are dramatically overpriced and the fact that they clearly were not welcoming to our child (huge contrast from the other hotel we stayed at this trip where the staff learned his name, gave him a small gift, and went out of their way to accommodate us!) is a big problem. We come to Colorado Springs at least once a year, and I do not expect us to stay here again.

1  Thank EBGreenville
Francesca K, Manager at Garden of the Gods Club and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hello, I’d like to begin by saying thank you for your feedback and I am so sorry you had a less than stellar experience here at the Resort. I will do my best to answer each of your comments below.

The Resort is currently undergoing a major renovation, which will include a brand new front desk and library/sitting area, new lobby bar and café, enhanced guest dining room, as well as updates to our meeting and events rooms. This renovation also includes our guest rooms, which are going to receive a total “face lift.”

It is very unfortunate that you were not made aware of this upon check-in, but we have two fitness centers here at the Resort – the Spa Fitness Center, which has the outdoor-infinity pool and the Sports Club at the Kissing Camels Golf Clubhouse across the street. The Sports Club is equipped with Life Fitness circuit training equipment, cardio equipment, a cable pulley system, a free weight area, Pilates studio, movement studio, power plate machine, and offers a variety of group fitness classes as well as personal training.

The Spa pool towels are available upon check-in with Spa Concierge. The Spa infinity pool is adult-only during our summer months (Memorial Day through Labor Day) when our Recreation Center pool is open for families to enjoy. The rest of the year, all ages may enter the Spa pool with adult supervision.

We apologize for the delay in getting a crib to your room in a timely manner and for your blown-away newspaper. Our staff would be happy to deliver another newspaper to your room. Our $15 resort fee includes all of the following: valet parking, daily newspaper, in-room bottled water, WiFi, and access to all resort/club amenities (pools, fitness center, Sports Club and group fitness classes, golf, tennis, spa, and all dining facilities).

We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to stay here in the future so you may enjoy the newly-renovated areas of the Resort, as well as our beautiful views of Garden of the Gods Park and the Pikes Peak mountain range.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My arrival at Garden of the Gods Club & Resort will always be etched on my mind...it was at sunset, and the view from the dining room (and my room as well) was of snow-capped Pikes' Peak in the distance, with the red rocks of Garden of the Gods in the foreground, glowing reddish orange in the late afternoon light. As I raised my camera to take a photo, two deer came out of the brush not 30 feet away and nonchalantly sauntered along, while bunnies hopped along nearby. It was the start of a memorable stay. The room had a sitting area and fireplace as well as a patio (see photograph), although the other rooms in this wing had balconies rather than patios. The bed was very comfortable, and I liked that there was a separate sink and vanity area, by the walk-in closet, at which to get ready if someone was in the bathroom/shower. The food and service were excellent, and the view is truly unbeatable. The dining room has huge windows overlooking the scene described above (see photo). I looked forward to having drinks and snacks on the patio in the sun each afternoon. A wedding took place during my stay, and it's an excellent location for that as well. During my brief (2 day) stay I managed to fit in some hiking, a cog train ride up Pike's Peak, and another member of my party enjoyed horseback riding nearby. The room price was fantastic. I highly recommend this spot if you are in the area of Colorado Springs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank AntyJ
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Wow! After many vacations all over Colorado I may have just found my favorite spot. The Garden of the Gods is simply amazing and there is no better view that this resort has to offer. On top of the great location the room was great, superior service, excellent food, and an amazing spa. Truly a special place to stay

Room Tip: any room offer same amazing views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
The Antlers A Wyndham Hotel
#20 of 105 in Colorado Springs
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#4 of 105 in Colorado Springs
HYATT house Colorado Springs
HYATT house Colorado Springs
#11 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs Marriott
Colorado Springs Marriott
#28 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to Garden of the Gods Club and Resort? Share your experiences!