“A must stay B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colorado Springs
Hughes Hacienda Bed & Breakfast
Port Neches, TX
“A must stay B&B!”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This bed and breakfast is spectacular! The views are breathtaking. It's clean, quiet, and comfortable. Wayne and Carol are most gracious hosts. The breakfast was not only aesthetically delightful but filling and delicious as well. This is a must stay if you like B&B's! Thanks for a great vacation- "the kids".

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I searched for quite a long time to find just the right bed & breakfast inn for a road trip to Colorado. I prefer simple aesthetics, privacy,and local, fresh food. The website for the Hacienda suggested all of the above and I was very pleased with the stay. The Hacienda suite was roomy, comfortable, secluded and the king size bed so comfortable. Breakfast, with candles, lovely crystal glasses for juice and water and ceramic mugs for tea or coffee accompanied a fabulous breakfast of equal parts culinary delight and creative presentation. Wildlife abounds, the hosts Carol and Wayne are wise, informative and intuitive.

Two nights were extended into three. The highlight was a marriage proposal on the hacienda patio with birds, rabbits and kit foxes (an early evening guest) as witnesses. Sounds corny but ... Hughes Hacienda is a great treat.

Room Tip: Hacienda suite is great for winter months.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Staying at the Hughes Hacienda was such a treat especially at the end of our vacation. Our hosts couldn't have been more gracious. And the gourmet breakfasts were delicious. We were served out on their patio, where we shared the time with hummingbirds, birds of all sorts, and a view to die for!!! It was so relaxing we didn't want to leave!!! We will go back, but, only with just a few rooms to rent, I hope we don't give everyone the idea so we won't get a room next time. Thanks for the stay!!! Robin and Garry Zimmerman

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Colorado including 2 nights at Hughes Hacienda. We stayed upstairs in the Baja Room. We sat on the patio and watched the hummingbirds and red finches enjoy the bird feeders. our room had a spectacular view of the mountains. Also have to mention the furnishings and decor which was one of a kind. Wayne and Carol were gracious hosts, helpful when needed but also giving us privacy. His breakfasts were gourmet-yum! we would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2011
Virginia
Reviewed 9 October 2010

My husband and I travelled through Colorado for our recent Anniversary trip. We are soooo glad we found Hughes Hacienda and stayed 2 nights. With all of the positive reviews it is hard to come up with something different. You will not be disappointed with your stay. Wayne and Carol are first class inn keepers, the Hacienda is decorated with Western decor in such a tasteful, casual elegance. The breakfast are served outside on the patio if weather permits, we had deer coming right beside us to take a drink from the fountain. They were probably hoping for a taste of the wonderful blue corn, blueberry pancakes Wayne made that morning! Like I said, you can't go wrong here, as a matter of fact, you don't want to miss it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Chester, NJ
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I recently stayed here for my second trip to Co. Springs. If you enjoy staying in B & B's, the finest quality furnishings and cuisine this is the place to stay. I stayed in the Hacienda suite which was downstairs it was very private, quiet and relaxing. The Baja room is on the main floor of the home. The website does not accurately portray how beautiful their home and the setting is. The hacienda is perfectly decorated, the breakfast was seriously outstanding (the best I have ever had) Wayne uses the freshest, high quality ingredients and takes much pride in his work. For most of the trip I was traveling alone and the Broadmoor Hotel is conveniently located for dining. There are many fine local restuarants in this area within a ten minute drive. I had limited cell coverage in my room (Verizon) and I am not sure about internet. Both Wayne and Carol are perfect hosts, very interesting lives and it was an honor to stay in their home. I will definately stay there next time I am in town in August if I can get a reservation. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank PamPajaro
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 10 March 2010

I've stayed at the Hughes Hacienda numerous times in both of the available rooms. It is hands down one of my favorite bed and breakfasts in Colorado. The Hacienda Suite is perfect for a romantic weekend away with it's private bathroom, fireplace, and music/video entertainment center. The views are not quite at majestic as the Baja Room but you won't even mind. The hot tub out in the courtyard is perfect for gazing at the night sky and drinking champagne/wine. You'll never even know when the innkeepers are there except when you wake up to your amazingly tasty breakfast. (The southwest style eggs Benedict is fantastic!) Only thing that would make the suite better is a couch to watch movies/read on instead of the two separate chairs.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple