“A get away worth taking!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colorado Springs
Hughes Hacienda Bed & Breakfast
“A get away worth taking!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I cannot say enough about this destination. My fiance and I were looking for a weekend get away and we could not have asked for a better place. Just far enough from the city to feel isolated and close enough to enjoy the areas attractions. I cannot say enough about Wayne's talents in the kitchen and his excellent hospitality. Hoping to come back many more times to enjoy the views and wonderful food.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Port Neches, TX
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This bed and breakfast is spectacular! The views are breathtaking. It's clean, quiet, and comfortable. Wayne and Carol are most gracious hosts. The breakfast was not only aesthetically delightful but filling and delicious as well. This is a must stay if you like B&B's! Thanks for a great vacation- "the kids".

• Stayed March 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I searched for quite a long time to find just the right bed & breakfast inn for a road trip to Colorado. I prefer simple aesthetics, privacy,and local, fresh food. The website for the Hacienda suggested all of the above and I was very pleased with the stay. The Hacienda suite was roomy, comfortable, secluded and the king size bed so comfortable. Breakfast, with candles, lovely crystal glasses for juice and water and ceramic mugs for tea or coffee accompanied a fabulous breakfast of equal parts culinary delight and creative presentation. Wildlife abounds, the hosts Carol and Wayne are wise, informative and intuitive.

Two nights were extended into three. The highlight was a marriage proposal on the hacienda patio with birds, rabbits and kit foxes (an early evening guest) as witnesses. Sounds corny but ... Hughes Hacienda is a great treat.

Room Tip: Hacienda suite is great for winter months.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Staying at the Hughes Hacienda was such a treat especially at the end of our vacation. Our hosts couldn't have been more gracious. And the gourmet breakfasts were delicious. We were served out on their patio, where we shared the time with hummingbirds, birds of all sorts, and a view to die for!!! It was so relaxing we didn't want to leave!!! We will go back, but, only with just a few rooms to rent, I hope we don't give everyone the idea so we won't get a room next time. Thanks for the stay!!! Robin and Garry Zimmerman

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Colorado including 2 nights at Hughes Hacienda. We stayed upstairs in the Baja Room. We sat on the patio and watched the hummingbirds and red finches enjoy the bird feeders. our room had a spectacular view of the mountains. Also have to mention the furnishings and decor which was one of a kind. Wayne and Carol were gracious hosts, helpful when needed but also giving us privacy. His breakfasts were gourmet-yum! we would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2011
Virginia
Reviewed 9 October 2010

My husband and I travelled through Colorado for our recent Anniversary trip. We are soooo glad we found Hughes Hacienda and stayed 2 nights. With all of the positive reviews it is hard to come up with something different. You will not be disappointed with your stay. Wayne and Carol are first class inn keepers, the Hacienda is decorated with Western decor in such a tasteful, casual elegance. The breakfast are served outside on the patio if weather permits, we had deer coming right beside us to take a drink from the fountain. They were probably hoping for a taste of the wonderful blue corn, blueberry pancakes Wayne made that morning! Like I said, you can't go wrong here, as a matter of fact, you don't want to miss it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Chester, NJ
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I recently stayed here for my second trip to Co. Springs. If you enjoy staying in B & B's, the finest quality furnishings and cuisine this is the place to stay. I stayed in the Hacienda suite which was downstairs it was very private, quiet and relaxing. The Baja room is on the main floor of the home. The website does not accurately portray how beautiful their home and the setting is. The hacienda is perfectly decorated, the breakfast was seriously outstanding (the best I have ever had) Wayne uses the freshest, high quality ingredients and takes much pride in his work. For most of the trip I was traveling alone and the Broadmoor Hotel is conveniently located for dining. There are many fine local restuarants in this area within a ten minute drive. I had limited cell coverage in my room (Verizon) and I am not sure about internet. Both Wayne and Carol are perfect hosts, very interesting lives and it was an honor to stay in their home. I will definately stay there next time I am in town in August if I can get a reservation. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank PamPajaro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,062 reviews
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,849 reviews
Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Sprin...
#9 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Old Town GuestHouse
Old Town GuestHouse
#1 of 16 in Colorado Springs
Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Cheyenne Mountain Resort
#17 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,351 reviews

Been to Hughes Hacienda Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!