“It is a Credit Card Fraud”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colorado Springs
Hughes Hacienda Bed & Breakfast
Denver
“It is a Credit Card Fraud”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2007

After making the reservation and coming to the Hasienda from Denver, I had explained that I was having a couple join us for drinks but would be gone by 8pm. I was politely told no others were allow to join me. Drinks?! My friends that I came to visit? I brought in my credit card in to CANCEL but instead of canceling it as it was swiped... they ran it as I they gave me the impression that they were CANCELING it. And to give me the impression it was CANCELED? I have worked for The Stanley, The Little Nell in Aspen, and The Broadmoor so I know how things go but if you tell someone you are running their card to cancel and then you don't??? Sweet couple but did they need MY money THAT bad???

We ended up going elsewhere for the evening...

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank JetSetDenver
hughesw, Owner at Hughes Hacienda Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 October 2010
This young lady booked a room with us as a single occupant, to our surprise friends of hers started showing up before she arrived, they wanted to wait in the room for her and use the bathroom. When the registered guest arrived she said she had invited some friends over for a PARTY. When I informed her that we do not allow non registered guests for security of our other guests she decided to leave.
The room had been used and according to our cancellation policy she was charged for the one night stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
St Paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2007

My husband and I stayed for two nights in the smaller of the two rooms. It was lovely with a great patio area. The scenery was spectacular and the entire home and surroundings offered a peaceful atmosphere. We loved the soft sounds of music in every room, even outdoors. The breakfasts were splendid and as we were served outdoors in the most beautiful setting, it was hard to know which was prettier, the wonderful tasting food arranged artfully on the plate or the mountains in front of us. The hosts are welcoming, as they open up their home and share it with the lucky ones who visit.

• Liked — The attention to detail, both in their decor and their hospitality.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank SuzyQ5
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2007

Just returned from spending two splendid nights at the welcoming Hughes Hacienda where I stayed in the Hacienda Suite and it was fabulous experience, especially as an escape from the fast lane.

The property and facilities are beautiful and the Hughes have created a gracious and relaxing retreat through their careful attention to detail including fresh flowers in the suite and at breakfast. The southwestern style furnishings are very comfortable and unique as many of the handcrafted leather chairs and wooden tables were obtained in Mexico and it became no surprise to learn that the warm and authentic arrangements are the work of a highly talented interior designer, Carol.

I was fascinated to see examples of Wayne’s handiwork in the handmade headboard and cabinet fronts that he created from branches on the property. Be sure to check out the virtual tour on their website. I found it to be very accurate except that in person, everything is even better than pictured. I also liked that there were several different areas with distinct feels from the covered portico and open patio in back to the rockers in the front courtyard, not to mention the well furnished suite.

The scrumptious breakfasts were Wayne’s signature dishes artfully presented with an array of fresh fruits. I didn’t think that the delicious creamed egg and sausages in a flaky pastry shell could be topped but the portobelo mushroom and fresh spinach quiche the second day, surpassed it.

The Hughes are highly respectful of the guest’s privacy but let you know they were available is you needed information or anything. Wayne thoughtfully kept me up to date on the ever changing weather and when I mentioned a hike, he let me know that rain was forecast for the afternoon. I hiked the well marked trail on their 19 acre property and savored the solitude. The sights from the picnic table at the top of the ridge were incredible and it is a perfect place to lunch. Back at the hacienda, I watched all of the amazing birds including frequent visits from the sweet hummingbirds on the back patio until I was treated to a magnificent light show from a nearby thunderstorm. The temperature dropped dramatically but back in my suite in front of a fire in the kiva fireplace, it was perfect.

The morning I had to leave Wayne (who is a weather spotter) told me that snow was on the way. By the time I had packed up and checked my email (wireless access was appreciated) to head to Denver, Wayne advised me that 25 between Colorado Springs and Denver was closed from the snow storm. He thoughtfully prepared a map with an alternate route highlighted and provided the phone number for road conditions. As I drove down the lane recharged and rested, I felt as though I was leaving home. Amazing after just two days.

• Liked — Views, facilities, innkeepers
  • Disliked — That I only had two days!
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Fl_travelergville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2006

I cannot say enough about this place, but to just say it's wonderful. My husband and I stayed here over a year ago. We still can't stop talking about it and plan on returning next year. It's a true hidden treasure and the views are amazing. The wonderful southwest style breakfasts on the patio while gazing at the beautiful red rock view every morning were unspeakable. Also, a few deer would pay their visit while we ate and the hummingbirds were a constant presence. The owners are delightful, funny, warm, and welcoming. It's only a 10 minute drive outside of Colorado Springs. It beats any hotel stay that I've ever been too. You truly have the Colorado feeling at Hughes Hacienda. Their home is decorated in a Southwest theme that is charming and rugged at the same time, no Victorian frilly things you see at most Bed & Breakfasts. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2005, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,047 reviews
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Grand Hotel & Spa
The Mining Exchange A Wyndham Gr...
#5 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,832 reviews
Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs
Staybridge Suites Colorado Sprin...
#9 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Old Town GuestHouse
Old Town GuestHouse
#1 of 16 in Colorado Springs
Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Cheyenne Mountain Resort
#17 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,326 reviews

Been to Hughes Hacienda Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!