“Great Sushi, Service Slow”

Kura Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #549 of 1,456 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I love this place for reliable sushi in town. The service can be a bit slow, so go with the intention of meals taking a while. I've tried most of the sushi and it is always fresh! They have some traditional Japanese seating as well if you are looking for something authentic.

There are newer reviews for Kura Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

First visit. After favorite Japanese restaurant, Tako, closed, been looking for an alternative. Came today specifically for yakisoba. Got beef yakisoba and overall it was good though traditional yakisoba does not contain string beans and broccoli. Overlooked it as it all tasted ok. Unfortunately, Kura does not have ramen. My families favorite Japanese dish. We will not return due to that fact. Service was prompt. Restaurant was clean and atmosphere was mostly authentic.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I first found Kura back in 2010 when I was living in COS. I was shocked at how great their sushi was, especially for a land-locked place like the springs! Even after moving to the east coast, Kura is still my favorite sushi place. I go every time I visit family in CO, even if it means a drive from Denver! The cherry blossom, spicy crunchy tuna, and bronco rolls are amazing, but I've never ordered anything that wasn't delicious and well-prepared.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Come in Tuesday and you will get to enjoy the fish on the day it is delivered. Any other day of the week and it is still exceptional. Kura is always good, whether you enjoy the sushi, the teppanaki or the tatami tables, you are guaranteed a wonderful meal.

With a huge selection of rolls, many of them house specialties, and a plentiful selection of fresh fish, you can have something different every time you come in. The sushi-sans are engaging, knowledgeable and fun. Not sure what you want? Let them pick for you.

Not a fish eater? head to the teppan tables and have one of the charming chefs cook your meal right in front of you. My favorite here is the calamari steak, perfect every time. Another fabulous choice is the garlic steak. Hope you love garlic, because you get a lot of it, and I promise you won't go home hungry.

I am particularly lucky that one of my favorite restaurants is just a few minutes from my house, and everyone knows my name!

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

We have been here twice, and have not been disappointed. The staff is pleasant, service is prompt. The "Bronco roll" is our favorite, but ask the server for suggestions, you won't be disappointed.