Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Colorado Springs
US$144
US$138
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$104
US$171
US$165
  • Restaurant
The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$146
US$257
US$223
Colorado Springs Marriott(Colorado Springs)
US$146
Hotels.com
HYATT house Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$118
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$291
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewslabor day weekendtwo queen bedseasy accessgodsgardenmaidstilespetcoloradomaintenancecouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Our January 2013 extended stay at the America's Best Value Inn at 430 Garden of the Gods Road in Colorado Springs, Colorado, met or exceeded our expectations.
We found our lodgings to be comfortable and spacious, scrupulously clean as well as affordable. All of the Staff with whom we interacted were supportive, efficient and attentive to our needs, as well as generally helpful and friendly in their manner, daily demonstrating all that a traveler could wish for in a dedicated professional hostelry team. In short, we experienced a quality in our experience at that hotel that we would have been surprised but delighted to find at a hotel charging twice the price! This hotel daily demonstrated to us that one does not have to stay only at a 4-star hotel to receive exceptional value and old-fashioned hospitality!
Ease of access to the hotel was exceptional: located immediately off I-25 exit, with easy access to central Colorado Springs' major local streets, at a traffic light-controlled intersection to aid in one's entry/egress. By contrast, once we entered the hotel, we were impressed by how quiet and relaxing it was inside the common areas as well as our room.
The location also offered food service delivered to our room, as well as an easy walk or short drive to local restaurants or national restaurant chains. There were more choices available within one-half a mile in any direction than we could sample in a week: some offered discounts or special treats for guests from our hotel.
The exterior of the building was clean, well-maintained and well-lit, giving us a strong sense of security for our vehicles and ourselves 24/7. The interior common areas were clean, well-lit, attractive and comfortably-appointed.
The interior pool/spa area was scrupulously clean and well-maintained, inviting and well-lit, with towels available for guests' use. There was no 'tell-tale sour pool' smell, the kind that comes with lack of appropriate pool maintenance, present at any time during our stay.
The daily continental breakfast offered fresh choices to meet our simple morning needs. The laundry room/snack area was always clean and well-lit, fitted with windows onto the adjoining hallway, giving one an enhanced sense of security, and was available around the clock.
Our stay of 10 nights afforded us an unusual opportunity to observe the daily workings of the hotel for an extended period. All the activity we observed around the clock from the Staff was geared to making or keeping the hotel at maximum comfort level for its guests. My family has some background in hotel and restaurant management: the standards for responding to maintenance or cleaning are among the highest I've ever witnessed. The staff in all positions were not only friendly as well as effective, but also asked us daily how else they could make our stay more comfortable. On every shift, we witnessed efficient staff catering to guests' needs, who also cleaned at every opportunity: my grandmother would have called the standards for cleanliness at this hotel 'squeaky-clean' and I concur!'
Management has recently renovated parts of the hotel: all that we encountered was attractive, clean, and in good working order, 24/7.
Our extended stay was due to medical appointments, and in consideration for same upon making our reservation, Staff set aside a room with a king-size bed on the ground floor for us as we requested, but took the additional step of reserving a room for us whose footprint would accommodate all the supporting medical equipment we needed set up in our room for use during our stay. This extra-size room made our stay more than comfortable: instead of setting up the medical equipment in a normal-sized 'budget' hotel room and being cramped for space as we'd expected, we arrived to find a room more than spacious enough to meet our needs, and a staff understanding our special concerns, as well as eager to assure our stay was comfortable, quiet and restful.
Our room included a microwave oven, a mini-fridge, tv with local as well as satellite service, and a bathroom with a tub & shower stall array plus toilet; our sink was in a separate alcove, with great lighting and a wide counter for all our toiletries. We asked for a king-size bed on the ground floor, and enjoyed that comfortable mattress as well as same-level access from the parking lot into our room.
In addition, we found other guests we encountered also seemed appreciative of this 'oasis' of affordable comfort, cleanliness, and old-fashioned hospitality in central Colorado Springs - I was impressed at how often I entered the lobby to overhear a departing guest making a reservation for their next visit. As for us - we wish we'd known of this superior but affordable hotel with its outstanding Staff sooner! Future stays in Colorado Springs, whether for medical reasons, business, or that occasional need to have a 'stay-over' spot during a blizzard, will be with this hotel. We will also happily share our experience there with fellow co-workers and business travelers as well as our family and friends. Discovery of the America's Best Value Inn at 430 Garden of the Gods Road in Colorado Springs is an unexpected blessing for us, and we are pleased to recommend this hotel to others.
safe travels,
M&E

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quiet. Share with the staff your goals when you call the hotel directly for reservations, and they will be super-helpful and informative.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at this hotel. Our room was large with a comfortable king bed, microwave, fridge, desk and wi-fi which worked well. The light over the lavoratory was not working well but that was our only issue. We were very pleased with breakfast which consisted of egg patties, biscuits and pancakes. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2012

While the room was spacious and fairly clean, the parking lot, public hall ways, and elevator was not well kept. When we turned down our bed, my wife found a bloody tissue and sanitary napkin on her side of the bed. When we called the front desk to report the incident, we were offered another room near by to which we had to transport all of our stuff. My wife was really freaked out and the hotel offer us no compensation for our troubles. The next morning the assistant manager told me that she had only charged me for two nights, not three. Upon producing my receipt for the three nights and my bill, I told the manager that I only owed a few dollars - not another night. She agreed and admitted that she had charged me another customer's bill, not mine. When my wife asked if someone could look at our sink (it was draining extremely slowly), she said "yes." However, no one ever showed up. I am very disappointed in this hotel chain. The various hotels are independently owned and the franchise does not monitor these facilities to assure consistent quality and service. I would not stay at this hotel again and will probably avoid this brand (except for the Rapid City hotel) in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This is the second one we've stayed at in the last 2 years., the other was in Arizona. We were very pleased with both and will try to stay at one when we travel. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean an except for the refrigerator not being very cold it was fine. We used to stay at Super 8 but if there is a ABVI we'll be staying there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn, 430 West Garden of the Gods Road, in Colorado Springs, July 18-21, 2012. We had a nice, clean, room, the breakfast was hot, and the pool (though small) and hot tub were wonderful after a day of hiking! It was also close to everything. We went to the Garden of the Gods, Glen Eyrie, Manitou Springs & took the Cog train up Pike's Peak. The staff were friendly and accommodating, especially Himika. They also have an elevator and washer/dryers available on each floor.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family