“Great location, service and value.”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Colorado Springs
Ranked #77 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Eureka, California
“Great location, service and value.”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Very professional staff & service. Pet friendly. Close to University, I-25 and city shopping. Good base for exploring area. Fridge, microwave, laundry room, indoor pool and hot tub.super nice people at Front Desk.
On Garden of the Gods Road, it has quick access to parks, awesome off leash dov parks, mountains, dining and movie theatres.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank marycruse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Riverside, California
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We came to this hotel because it was listed as near where our destination to meet with family. The description made it seem like a nice clean hotel for an affordable price. But I very much regret not consulting with my family before I made our "prepaid" reservations. It does not surprise me that this so called "deal" is non-refundable. I am shocked at the positive review listed. It had to be from the staffs family or paid consumers. This poor hotel has not seen any pride taken in it for a long time.
When we first got here, they were going to charge us an additional $400 for our room because they insist that my husband and I called and requested 3 beds. They kept showing us the notes on our reservation. I pointed out that there was only two of us. Why would we need a third bed? I then walked out to the car and let my husband finish the check-in process.
When we walked in through the back door to the hotel, because it is closer to our room, the trash can by the door was full of cat box litter that smelled like it hadn't been changed in months. The smell of feces and urine made my eyes burn.
When we came in the room, it smelled horrible. I tried to turn on the air conditioner to circulate air. It didn't work. I tried to call the front desk...the phone didn't work. I checked out the rest of the room as my husband walked up to the front desk. There is a patched hole next to the toilet paper holder, a crack in the wall by the tub, the shower curtain bar is installed half way over the tub, so it sticks to you. When you take a shower you fight with the curtain until you pull it back and just don't care what water gets on the floor. And you don't want to put too much pressure since the rod is pulling out of the wall.
They give you two stiff ad rough high school locker room towels, one hand towel and one wash cloth. All of which are casually tossed on the rack each morning. The blanket on the bed is full of holes. The sheets are too small. If you move, the sheets pull up under you all night.
When my husband returned from the front desk he said that they had to activate the air conditioner from the front desk and they weren't sure what was wrong with the phone. Tired and already disgusted, I started to unpack. Then he commented about how the guy at the desk had upgraded us to a suite because of the confusion of the costs. I was stunned! This was the BETTER room?!?!?
They advertise a indoor pool and breakfast, but I am afraid to take advantage of either. The lack of care that this hotel has for itself is scary. I sure don't want to risk eating food they take the same care to serve you. Or to be in water that lacks maintenance.
We have reservations for 5 nights, non-refundable! We are only on day three. although the trash can has been emptied, it still reeks of cat poop and urine. The room still smells even though the air has been on since we got here.
I would never recommend anyone to stay at any America's Best Value Inn & Suites. Their online photos and ads do not depict the truth. We stayed at a Super 8 on the way to Colorado Springs and it was a 5 star hotel compared to this. We should have stayed at the Quality Inn on the other side of the freeway from here. I have stayed with them before and NEVER felt like I was staying in a slum!
I have attached photos to assure Trip Advisor plus anyone reading and considering this hotel that this is not a "fake" review.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel. This was the "good" room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank worryhorse

Travellers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Lake Mills, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We had to stay here by default because we arrived in town earlier than expect and our room at the Quality Inn wasn't ready yet. It was 5:00 in the morning and we had been driving for 16 hours so were very tired. The man at the desk was pleasant enough but pretty casual and not very professional in appearance. He did give us a reduced rate (I think) because of the hours we would need the room. HOWEVER, I wish he would have turned us away. I should have slept in the car!! The room was disgusting! The light fixture in the bathroom only had half a cover on it and I'm not sure what else lurked up there or was able to be seen from up there! There was mold on the bathroom wall by the shower. The towels were dirty and there was only 1 bath towel. There was something disgusting on the bathroom floor which I preferred not to touch or get closer too. The sheets looked like they hadn't been changed. My husband didn't care where he slept and was asleep before I was done taking pictures of everything. I could have asked for another room or gone somewhere else but like I said we were dead tired and had to make the best of it. I pretended I was camping:( I also slept in my clothes and didn't want to even take my shoes off. I did complain the next morning and got an apology from the front desk girl but nothing else. I expected an adjustment to my room rate but I suppose they felt they had already given me a deal. I was originally offered a smoking room which I turned down immediately but that might have been the better option. Like another reviewer stated it would be hard to tell the smoking rooms from the none smoking! I didn't try the breakfast but according to my husband that was probably a good idea! Never again will I stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Tip for choosing a good room.........go across the street to the Quality Inn!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda Z
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Convenient location, comfortable room. Great view of Pikes Peak. Great coffee in the morning with very good commercially wrapped pastries and muffins and some fruit. Few chairs and small tables outside the office that you can enjoy your breakfast with a view of the mountains. TV needs updating and caulking around bathtub needs replacing. Bed and pillows very comfortable. No odors in the room which is always the biggest thing for me. I would stay there again in a heartbeat

• Stayed August 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I visited Colorado Springs for pleasure and tried to find a good hotel at a reasonable price. I chose this hotel... and I chose wrong. First of all, if the room I stayed in is truly "Non-Smoking", then that was false advertising. Our room reeked of smoke, the bathroom reeked of smoke and pretty much everything else.

The room felt dirty. The toilet paper holder was broken. The light fixtures in the bathroom had no covers. The shower curtain had brown spots on it that looked like feces. This was unacceptable.

I also attached a pic of the sink. How could anybody possible want to use a sink that looks that filthy? It is stained in some blue substance and a cleaning agent that resembles gold glitter.

Terrible. I can't believe we paid almost $200 of our hard-earned money to stay in this place.

Seriously, I will never stay at this hotel again. They should do their future guests a common courtesy service and re-think what they define as quality. It was quite bad and appalling.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Centerton, Arkansas
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My family and I stayed here and had a really good experience. The room was large for the price paid, and there was even crown molding in it! The counter was a "granite" style where the main sink was. The walls have also been painted recently. The staff were very friendly and helpful in every way necessary. The location was quiet, and we never heard our neighbors in their rooms.

The breakfast featured eggs, gravy, biscuits, pancakes, cereal, milk, powdered donuts, and juice (this may not be all--just what I remember).

The only negatives I experienced while staying here were that the only computer on premises is a pay-by-the-hour one. However, the wi-fi was free and fast enough for all of our needs. The breakfast also seemed to be running low by the time we ate every morning (around nine), but the staff was VERY quick to re-fill the things that were running low. However, we never swam in the pool, since I could smell the chlorine in the lobby (I figured it was over-chlorinated). It was also not very deep.

All-in-all, this was an excellent stay for the price.

Room Tip: I was told rooms on the bottom floor tend to be the quietest. As far as I can tell, she was right!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Cheap, affordable, clean, well-kept, and fun. The staff was engaging. Rooms were comfortable. I noticed some repair needs in the rooms, but for $50 per night, what do you expect? When passing through Colorado Springs, I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get the ABVI card and askf or a free upgrade. I got a suite and loved it. Tres comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business