“Rainbow Motel”

Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs
Ranked #52 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 9 September 2012

My Sister and I did a “Girls Weekend” back in June. We booked 2 nights at the Rainbow Motel. We LOVED it! The room was perfect. The pool was great! The owners were very friendly! There was a mix up with the payment. My card was accidentally charged twice. I called as soon as I discovered it and they were very prompt to correct the matter. I was so pleased – I booked the place for my birthday in October! Can’t wait to go back!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LTuff
There are newer reviews for Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We reserved two nights at this hotel for the Labor Day weekend. My husband ending up getting really sick 2 weeks prior, ending up in the hospital. Though he was feeling much better the week of, we were still concerned whether or not he would make it two nights away from home. So on Wednesday, 3 days prior to our check in, (early enough to still cancel or change reservation without penalty), I called the hotel and spoke to the female owner. I told her my husband had been sick and we weren't sure how two nights would go, she told me "no problem"! She said we could keep our reservation for two nights and then if we needed to change it to one night once we got there we could. I thought this was great! They truly were pleasant staff. However, that all changed once we got there. We checked in with no problem. Went to our room, husband went into the bathroom lifted the toilet seat and the whole seat lifted completely off! We took it to the office and they gave us a new room. Yes, this was a nice move, they didn't have to do that, they could have just fixed it but they went above and beyond for the moment. Hotel is in serious need of repair. Later that night, I went to the office to confirm we only wanted to stay one night. My husband was feeling a little ill and wanted to return home the next day. The lady told me she spoke to her husband and he said they could not let us stay just one night because it was the holiday weekend, she said we would have to pay for two nights regardless of whether we stay or not. I completely understand a two night minimum and it being a holiday weekend, my problem is that 3 days prior she told me it would be no problem. As a business owner you don't tell your customer one thing and then change your mind later. I was a little upset at this point and told her but you said otherwise 3 days ago, and she said "that was a mistake". Excuse me! Then she proceeded to question my husbands illness, stating "how sick can he be if he can make it one night". I was floored that a business women such as her self, though not an American, would seriously question me to my face. I had to leave the office immediately so that I did not get into a screaming match with this rude woman. We had no choice but to stay another night, I wasn't going to pay $100 for nothing. The next day we stayed gone most of the day, coming home around 9pm. We told the kids we would go swimming for a little bit since the pool was open until 9:30pm (a little early if you ask me). When we arrived at the pool it was closed! My husband went to the office, where a gentleman (the owner) was sitting outside. My husband asked him why the pool was closed early and he said because he can close it whenever he wants to and he wanted to close it early. He continued to make very rude comments to my husband and even stated, I am too drunk on vodka to continue talking to you! Not exactly the place I expected with all the wonderful reviews. There are so many other hotels in Colorado Springs/Manitou Springs to stay, I would suggest not wasting your money on this place. Very disappointed with our stay and will definitely never stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Krystle W
popsi12, Owner at Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

First we are not rude cause we are not in business to be rude. When you called 3 days prior to cancel we had no problem with that - it is our policy. We also have a restriction on minimum stay during the weekend it is 2 days, so when you came and only wanted to stay 1 night we had a problem. The pool was closed at 9:20 pm due to cold weather so when your husband came with the kids to swim I explained the situation to him. Unfortunately he was under the influence
of alcohol ( walking around with beer bottle in his hand ) . He was very rude and ready to fight me I was sitting with our customer who was very disturbed by your husband reaction and was
ready to call police.but I talked him out of it. Your husband continue to call explicit names when
i was passing by with another customer to help him open the door. Maybe your husband should go easy on the beer so you would have a nice stay

Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed there for a week arriving at 5am and our key was waiting for us. The king room was comfortable, pleasant and sufficient. The staff were pleasant and helpful, prolonging our stay 1 night with absolutely no hassles. Just forget about the breakfast - the bagels were ok but the rest of the food and coffee was untouchable. Still, I'd definitely return next time I'm in Co Springs. Conveniently located walking distance from Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, and supermarkets.

Room Tip: King room was fine.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Marius H
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the motel four days in July to visit an ill friend in Manitou Springs. After staying in another motel the previous night (which was very clean but right on the road and noisy), we were glad to find a "quiet" motel on Manitou Ave. A little musty upon opening the door but the room reminded me of my grandma's house...big window with two comfy wingback reading chairs and some charm and light through the windows. These units are, as the owner said, built like bunkers with thick walls. This means quiet from the road noise. Nice pool and owners! A very pleasant stay at a very reasonable price during the summer season.

Room Tip: rooms near the back away from the road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank surfloverSantaRosaCa
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I just drove over 700 miles from Utah and needed a decently priced place to stay before I go to Fort Carson (first duty station). Found this gem on TripAdvisor and checked it out. Stayed for 2 nights and it's amazing! Great price (with Military discount), very friendly staff and great location.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank HLBratt
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and had an amazing time in Colorado Springs. The owners of the hotel were so nice and considering the fire threat they had just been through very friendly and helpful. The location could not be beat, just minutes from Garden of the Gods, a couple of blocks from historic Manitou springs and Old Colorado City, only minutes from Pikes Peak and Seven Falls. Our room was spotlessly clean, a huge very comfortable king size bed with a fridge in the room. Also a pool, breakfast and free, very fast, wifi, you really get your money's worth. The building itself is older but is well maintained, it felt like a home away from home and one of our favorite places that we stayed during our vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rawnyd
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Clean comfortable room. AC kept up with the heat of summer. Linens restocked; really can't ask for much more than that, especially when you are there to take in the scenery. Older motel has a 60's vibe to it but has been updated to a point. Could use a little work in terms of general maintenance. Nice to have the pool to cool off on a hot summer day. Motel is not too far from the downtown area of Manitou Springs but it is definitely not within walking distance; you will have to drive and park, and in some cases pay to park. Close to Garden of the Gods and 7 Falls.

One quirk with the room: other than the AC, microwave, and refrigerator, everything was unplugged. We had to plug in every lamp, the TV and Direct TV box. Never encountered that before at any hotel. We had to leave one lamp unplugged entirely because it sparked when we plugged it in (which I reported upon check out)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
#7 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Motel
Garden of the Gods Motel
#60 of 105 in Colorado Springs

Been to Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!