“Clean, close to everything, good price - nothing fancy”

Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs
Ranked #51 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
kansas
“Clean, close to everything, good price - nothing fancy”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I'm torn how to rate this location - It was clean, it is a bit dated but they do the best with what they have. For us to get a pool and a kitchen, our option was limited for the price we wanted to pay for the area. It's not fancy, but it works and was clean - it was also very close to all the sites we wanted to see. Literally was 15 minutes or less from Garden of the Gods, Seven Falls, Pike Peak Cog, Manitou Cliff dwelling - the Location gave it the extra rating star, the site it's self would have been a 3

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank normb4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The motel is close-by all major sightseeing sites in the city. But that was the only pro for us. The hotel is enclosed by two very busy and noisy roads.
Although the room was spacious, it was not clean, especially under the beds. The queen bed fell out of the iron frame and the manager promised to fix it. Unfortunately the fix was not permanent and the bed fell apart again the second night! We fixed it ourselves and found that a carpet should have been a much lighter color.
Furthermore we didn't have cold running water as even the toilet was flushed with hot water....
At reporting the broken down bed and the hot water issue, the manager only thanked me for reporting it without even apologizing for the inconvenience.
.unfortunately a disappointing experience for our two last nights in the US.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Essie0101
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed at the Rainbow Inn from July 18-21. We had 7 adults-ages 18-55 and 3 kids, we got rooms 115,116,117 and they were perfect! They are older units but nicely decorated and very clean. The owners were very nice and very helpful. The kids loved the pool. It is very close to all of the main attractions in Manitou Springs. The only thing I would complain about is the breakfast. It was cereal, toast and some Danish pastries, juice, coffee, milk. Which that might be fine for some but it wasn't for my bunch but you are very close to other places for a great breakfast. They also had a laundry room that was $3.00 to wash and dry and they provided detergent and that was great for me considering I had the kids that were going through clothes like crazy.

Room Tip: clean, affordable and good for large groups
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brook B
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My family and I stayed at the Rainbow Motel for 6 nights and everything was perfect. We had a 2 bedroom apt. very spacious with a kitchen and everything you would need. Owners were very kind and helpful. We really enjoyed the Rainbow Motel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank trudya709
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My sister and brother in law stay here on a frequent basis, at least for the past 7 or 8 years. My sister convinced me to go on a mini vacation this last weekend (Memorial Day weekend), it was myself, my 4 daughters,2 son in laws, 3 grandchildren, my sister and her hubby..her daughter and 2 children and my cousins and their 3 children and 2 friends of my sisters..so it was a big family..we had 6 rooms...and I will tell you what...it was a great time! We relaxed by the pool as the kids swam, bbq'd by our rooms, sat and just visited all day and evening....the rooms were comfy...very clean...the owners are great people. We decided this is going to be our yearly Memorial Day weekend mini vacation spot.....thanks for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: poolside....that is where my room was and I loved it!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 9 April 2013

So I'm really not writing this to be mean because the owners were very sweet but I really wouldn't stay here if you can help it. I went here based on good reviews but I didn't have a particularly good experience. I knew what to expect for the price but this was worse. Dimly lit, funky smell, just a run-down room. Lots of cracks and minor damages everywhere, the rusted out faucet was halfway falling off the wall in the bathtub. There were hairs in the bed and on the floor. The breakfast room was just unpleasant, we went there the first morning with nothing to choose from, much was stale, and you just sit there staring at the chipped, unkempt walls, just run down. I got a little grossed out and we had to eat out the next morning and I know that might sound dramatic to some but not a pleasant experience. The worst part was the day after we left the motel when I discovered a big, bumpy, red rash across my chest which I guarantee was from the towels not being cleaned, grossed me out so bad and the rash lasted for 2 weeks, definitely dampered the rest of the trip. Like I said, not writing to be spiteful or mean, everyone was very nice there, but you could get something better for the price.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelbugTeacher
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Sounded good based on reviews- but the motel is dated. Allows pets but there is no place to potty your dog. I ended up trying to cross a very busy 24 with my dog- in my pajamas to find a spot of grass. Some confusion on the pet fee- it was collected on check in (20$) and then requested again on check out. In my opinion- not that great. I wont stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank HooD00
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colorado Springs
Eagle Motel
Eagle Motel
#7 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of ...
#45 of 105 in Colorado Springs
#60 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Silver Saddle Motel
Silver Saddle Motel
#8 of 10 in Manitou Springs

Been to Rainbow Motel Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!