“Worst motel ever!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #71 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Westminster, Colorado, United States
“Worst motel ever!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Ok, I booked through hotels.com but they suck and have horrible costumer service so I am writing my review on here. I stayed here a couple years back and had no problems, but I stayed 7/7/2012 and it was a horrible experience! The room smelt nasty, later to find out it was bug spray. After being in the motel for about 2 hours, we found baby ants on the table, and checked the other tables along with the microwave, which had ants all over as well. Went and complained to the front desk and he grabbed bug spray to spray our room and expected us to still want to stay in that room, refusing to, he gave us another room, and went and checked it out, and it had ants as well. I called hotels.com and they were unable to find another hotel available for us, so we went to the front desk to check out and said we wanted our money back, and the guy threw our room keys across the desk and pretty much freaked out and refused to give us our money back and put us in another room(the suite), but at this point I was so upset I just wanted a room without ants. So we checked out the suite, and it didn't appear to have aunts until the next morning. The hotel manager was rude to us and was infested with ants. Don't stay here, even if it was only a dollar per night, I'd never stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Dancinchicken911

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Walnut, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I had booked this hotel through hotels.com for 9 nights. Half of the reviews were good, half bad. I thought we would give it a chance. I am so sorry we did! Stayed only 1 night because of the following: People were yelling obscenities at someone outside their rm. No towels in rm. except for 1 dirty washcloth. 1/2 roll of toilet paper, no extra. Had to hold coffee maker pot up to have coffee drip into cup. Very few lights worked in rm. Blood stain on one pillow. Lipstick stain on another pillow. Graffiti name on back of bathroom door. Security latch lock kicked in, broken, & unusable. Spa filled with dirt & weeds. Kiddie pool taped off & unusable. Exercise rm. unusable. In other words, BELIEVE the negative reviews!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Motherof68w
Tomah, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

We had just had a terrible experience just across the street. But TravelStar Inn was clean, quiet and comfortable. The beds, floors, bathroom were immaculate. The place was quiet and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KLucy
Westminster, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

We were not given a no smoking room as requested, the first room they tried to put us in had guests below that were blaring their music, the rooms were dirty the towels were either stained or not fresh the bathroom was dirty, and it is in a bad part of town. If I hadn't already made a reservation and prepaid I would have asked for a refund and found another hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Darrell W
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

Nice place to stay. Clean rooms with microwave -fridge coffee maker.
deskclerks very nice too.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JJohnson1988
Trinity, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

The TravelLodge was easy to find. It has excellent rates. Room was very good and a great sleep. And the view of the Rampart Range out the back window was very nice. I would recomend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Fort Collins
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

I needed a quick cheap place to lay my head for the nite while going through on business! Boy i wish i had've sprung for the extra cash or found another place! I'm writing this review from the room right now and from first impression it was dodgy! My first room smelled like it was a hotel for cats and dogs.....to the owner/managers credit he did move me but in all I feel very unsafe and wish I had read the reviews before booking. Im not even game to peel back the bedding. I think I'll just sleep on top. If you are smarter than me then please read the reviews before booking here. I feel like i could walk out to the street and find anything i wanna find if you know what I mean.......STAY AWAY!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business