“False negative reviews”

Ranked #71 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Bhubaneswar, India
“False negative reviews”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Having booked a room at TravelStar Inn & Suites, I read reviews about the hotel at trip advisor only to find that the hotel have had a lot of negative reviews from travellers before. A little worried, I reached hotel expecting the worst. But my experience turned out to be unique exception! The staff was friendly, location was ideal, rent fits my budget (only $60 for four of us), room was clean and had microwave, a mini fridge and an electric stove (none of which I expected to be there for the rent I paid).

Only thing I did not like is the location of Air Conditioner (it is located near bathroom and takes longer time to cool the room).

Room Tip: They don't have an elevator but then, there are only two floors. If possible, get a room on 1st...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank sramanujamk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 3 March 2013

First off this place is located on the bad side of town. The cleaningness is horrible.. ants everywhere. They gave us another room which was equally ant filled. Obviously no maids, the rooms have leftover trash from previous tennants. As for the wifi, forget it. Hardly works. I had to borrow my dads phone just to write this. I would never recommend this place. Matter of fact heed my warning and stay away.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank RickiMarie

Travellers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Friendswood, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Staff: Maids were very friendly. Management: I liked them except for the night manager...older man. Made me feel like a criminal bz I had to ask for 2 extra towels and more toilet paper. They would only ever leave 2 towels when they knew there were 4 of us. I finally asked the maid to leave us 4 and she was really sweet about it. Room: The a/c unit was in the dressing/bathroom sink area and it was hard to cool the room unless you left it on all the time. The bed felt lopsided and I felt like I was going to roll out of my side every time. Hard and rather uncomfortable. It was fairly quiet, though....not much neighbor noise and only heard fire trucks now and then. I was happy to come back to a clean room each evening...and there was always more coffee for morning. I loved seeing the mountains from my window!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view so you can see the mountains!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jennifer V
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 12 August 2012

OKAY, first of all I am not used to staying in Motels but it was cozy for the money. It used to be a Ramada Inn so I figured it was nice enough to stay in. I am currently undergoing a divorce and I needed a place to stay for a week for the income I am dealing with since no barracks room were available for me so, to me it was clean enough without roommate hassle. The management offers continental brkfst, free internet, free cable, AC, clean towels daily and I had a microwave and a Refrigerator. They even have a pool. I met the Korean family and they happen to be the business owners and they are hoping to open the restaurant one day. My first duty station was Korea so I wanted to support and I believe you would enjoy the service. They have Korean watchdogs which made me respect the Korean culture even more. I do wish they could provide a free cont'l breakfast menu to go though.

Room Tip: Great value for the money.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SmithUSArmy
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Room Tip: If you are on low budget and need an economical place to chill for a few days for whatever reasons...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SmithUSArmy
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I have stayed in a lot of hotels around the country and the staff here is by far the best. They cleaned the room everyday and the rates were perfect.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer D
Westminster, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Ok, I booked through hotels.com but they suck and have horrible costumer service so I am writing my review on here. I stayed here a couple years back and had no problems, but I stayed 7/7/2012 and it was a horrible experience! The room smelt nasty, later to find out it was bug spray. After being in the motel for about 2 hours, we found baby ants on the table, and checked the other tables along with the microwave, which had ants all over as well. Went and complained to the front desk and he grabbed bug spray to spray our room and expected us to still want to stay in that room, refusing to, he gave us another room, and went and checked it out, and it had ants as well. I called hotels.com and they were unable to find another hotel available for us, so we went to the front desk to check out and said we wanted our money back, and the guy threw our room keys across the desk and pretty much freaked out and refused to give us our money back and put us in another room(the suite), but at this point I was so upset I just wanted a room without ants. So we checked out the suite, and it didn't appear to have aunts until the next morning. The hotel manager was rude to us and was infested with ants. Don't stay here, even if it was only a dollar per night, I'd never stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple