“Perfect place for a stopover in COS”

TravelStar Inn & Suites
TravelStar Inn & Suites
Ranked #77 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Budapest, Hungary
“Perfect place for a stopover in COS”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Very good prive motel run by a very kind Chinese family. I was returner this summer and the lady recognized me from last year. This is the way how to run a hotel. Good distance from airport, city centre is 5 mins by bus. You do not need more for a sleep.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bence H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Colorado City, Colorado
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The title says it all!! I traveled to Colorado Springs with 7 other people to participate in the rodeo so when I was looking online I found that most of them were booked so I decided to give the Travel star Inn and suites a try. The first night we were there a customer staying in a room next to one of the 2 rooms I had was stalking (calling the rm, knocking on the door, and looking in the window)one of the minors I had with me. This was obviously NOT ok so I called "security" and he says he'll handle it. Well he did a bang up job because it kept on until I ended it myself! So finally all of us were able to go to sleep......The next morning......I'm standing outside of my room smoking I see the housekeeper and ask for towels she politely tells me as soon as she tells the room next to me that it's check out time that she will be right with me....I explained to her if she was cleaning our rooms (because I booked 2 due to the fact there was 8 of us...4 in each room) that it would be great if she did it before we left for the day (which we were all getting ready to do) because the hotel isn't in the greatest area and my belongings and everyone else's are in the rooms and I just wanted to play it safe she didn't take offense and was very understanding. So as I'm smoking my cigarette I see her go to stalker guys room and politely tells them it's check out time and there's a couch in the lobby they can wait for their ride on....well in the middle of her sentence stalker guys mom (I think) cuts her off and starts screaming at her so she gets on her walkie talkie thing and asks for help (which is the 3rd time that I had seen bc they had the door open and we're screaming all morning! And nobody did anything about it) and after a 3rd time asking for assistance finally someone came! And all the lady did was say "you don't need to scream at my staff" so I'm guessing she was a manager or something but in all honesty looked like a meth head that wander in off the st she had no front teeth and looked trashy! So the housekeeper came back to my room and said she was going to grab the rest of the hands towels for us (bc I had requested 8 of everything due to the fact there was 8 of us) so I watched her go to the staff laundry and come back with only 4 hand towels in hand which is what she owed us...she handed me the towels and started cleaning our rooms as she is making the bed all of the sudden the meth head manager lady is standing in my doorway looking irate!! The housekeeper asks if she needs anything and this lady just started screaming at the house keeper in the middle of my room with my children and myself and the other riders I had brought along! As well as all of the other tenants that could hear! I was in utter shock! There is a time and a place for that! And not only was she screaming at this housekeeper (who I had seen be sweet to everyone she interacted with) but the reason she was screaming at her was because she took all the hand towels and sheets! And she was mad that now her job was going to take longer because this housekeeper was fulfilling her duties to my family and the children I was responsible for! And she told her that they were in her pile and if there wasn't any in my housekeepers pile that she needed to wait and make me wait on towels....A PAYING CUSTOMER! not much but still a paying customer! And I watched the housekeeper grab those towels and she never had sheets in her hands so not only was this lady making it look like a episode of Jerry springer in my room but she was yelling about false acquisitions (honestly I think she had hit the pipe to many times that day and was confused) finally I got sick of it and slammed the door in her face and told the sweet housekeeper she needed to find a better job! She told me she had just started there and housekeepers come and go all the time. ...well now it's apparent why! That's no way to run a business! As long as that meth head manager lady is there I will NEVER go back!! Which is a shame because I travel often and was even willing to over look the issue with the stalker because I can easily solve that by traveling with my gun or locking the door because the room was nice and clean and the pool was nice so up until that point the pros outweighed the cons but to have this lady scream at a employee in the middle of the room I PAID FOR and to tell her employee that basically I don't matter that sums up the travel stars customer service right there! So until that lady is gone I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Bianca1978_78

Travellers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Having booked a room at TravelStar Inn & Suites, I read reviews about the hotel at trip advisor only to find that the hotel have had a lot of negative reviews from travellers before. A little worried, I reached hotel expecting the worst. But my experience turned out to be unique exception! The staff was friendly, location was ideal, rent fits my budget (only $60 for four of us), room was clean and had microwave, a mini fridge and an electric stove (none of which I expected to be there for the rent I paid).

Only thing I did not like is the location of Air Conditioner (it is located near bathroom and takes longer time to cool the room).

Room Tip: They don't have an elevator but then, there are only two floors. If possible, get a room on 1st...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank sramanujamk
Reviewed 3 March 2013

First off this place is located on the bad side of town. The cleaningness is horrible.. ants everywhere. They gave us another room which was equally ant filled. Obviously no maids, the rooms have leftover trash from previous tennants. As for the wifi, forget it. Hardly works. I had to borrow my dads phone just to write this. I would never recommend this place. Matter of fact heed my warning and stay away.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank RickiMarie
Friendswood, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Staff: Maids were very friendly. Management: I liked them except for the night manager...older man. Made me feel like a criminal bz I had to ask for 2 extra towels and more toilet paper. They would only ever leave 2 towels when they knew there were 4 of us. I finally asked the maid to leave us 4 and she was really sweet about it. Room: The a/c unit was in the dressing/bathroom sink area and it was hard to cool the room unless you left it on all the time. The bed felt lopsided and I felt like I was going to roll out of my side every time. Hard and rather uncomfortable. It was fairly quiet, though....not much neighbor noise and only heard fire trucks now and then. I was happy to come back to a clean room each evening...and there was always more coffee for morning. I loved seeing the mountains from my window!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view so you can see the mountains!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jennifer V
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 12 August 2012

OKAY, first of all I am not used to staying in Motels but it was cozy for the money. It used to be a Ramada Inn so I figured it was nice enough to stay in. I am currently undergoing a divorce and I needed a place to stay for a week for the income I am dealing with since no barracks room were available for me so, to me it was clean enough without roommate hassle. The management offers continental brkfst, free internet, free cable, AC, clean towels daily and I had a microwave and a Refrigerator. They even have a pool. I met the Korean family and they happen to be the business owners and they are hoping to open the restaurant one day. My first duty station was Korea so I wanted to support and I believe you would enjoy the service. They have Korean watchdogs which made me respect the Korean culture even more. I do wish they could provide a free cont'l breakfast menu to go though.

Room Tip: Great value for the money.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SmithUSArmy
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Room Tip: If you are on low budget and need an economical place to chill for a few days for whatever reasons...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo